Need Riding Glasses Advice

KillJoy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Pony has a Jihad-load of Panoptix all for around $40. Foamed and unfoamed. Some with removeable eye cups. I've picked up about 4 pair and love them. And at a good price.

Killjoy. I have a Scorpion ex-100 it's a half helmet but has an internal spring loaded tinted

Eye shield that drops down. Let me know if your interested. Only wore it once. Then back in the bag.

Iron Pony has a Jihad-load of Panoptix all for around $40. Foamed and unfoamed. Some with removeable eye cups. I've picked up about 4 pair and love them. And at a good price.

Killjoy. I have a Scorpion ex-100 it's a half helmet but has an internal spring loaded tinted

Eye shield that drops down. Let me know if your interested. Only wore it once. Then back in the bag.

Size, price, color?

KillJoy

You think the wind feels great on the face, you should try asphalt. It's such a relaxing feeling as it grinds the face down to the spinal cord.

On a brighter note though, I had a bumble bee hit square in front of my nose this weekend on my full face helmet and it knocked my head back and made a LOUD *TINK* noise. Guts smeared all over my helmet and I had to stop at the next gas station to clean it off. I'm glad that wasn't on my face. :eek:

You think the wind feels great on the face, you should try asphalt. It's such a relaxing feeling as it grinds the face down to the spinal cord.

On a brighter note though, I had a bumble bee hit square in front of my nose this weekend on my full face helmet and it knocked my head back and made a LOUD *TINK* noise. Guts smeared all over my helmet and I had to stop at the next gas station to clean it off. I'm glad that wasn't on my face. :eek:

sounds very relaxing to me nick..i like it

I didn't post assistance because I figured everyone else has answered the question fully.

Though if you must have another response I'd go to www.denniskirk.com and find some nice ones. Go with a nice pair of protective glasses that cover corner of eye too and has a strap on them. They'll blow right off if you don't have a strap.

Edited by NinjaNick

I helped a woman from my work back in 2004 follow me around slowly in the countryside so she can get some seat time and not be alone. Her face was COVERED with bugs sticking to her! It was nasty. She instantly said, I need a full face helmet like you, this is gross. :lol:

Here is a link to the panoptx section on iron pony's website

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/productPagebrand.asp/Brand/PANOPTX/Class3/Sunglasses/Class2/Goggles%20and%20Eyewear

Stop on up and check them out. Come up saturday for some free hooters food and give-a-ways and try some gear on.

I helped a woman from my work back in 2004 follow me around slowly in the countryside so she can get some seat time and not be alone. Her face was COVERED with bugs sticking to her! It was nasty. She instantly said, I need a full face helmet like you, this is gross. :lol:

Well, I am "used" to riding with NO HELMET / WIND SHIELD. Recent events have changed my views on doing that. A Half or 3/4 is better than none, and a step in the right direction.

:cool:

KillJoy

Here is a link to the panoptx section on iron pony's website

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/productPagebrand.asp/Brand/PANOPTX/Class3/Sunglasses/Class2/Goggles%20and%20Eyewear

Stop on up and check them out. Come up saturday for some free hooters food and give-a-ways and try some gear on.

Thanks, I just might stop by. What time(s) are the free bee's?

KillJoy

I hate to be a odd opinion amongst the crowd, but I just buy el cheapo polycarbonate safety glasses from one of the safety gear stores. They are Smith & Wesson Magnum, and they fit perfectly tight to my face in a wrap around. 7 to 12 bucks, I think? Amazon.com got them. Laugh if you want, but I carry spares and I don't fret losing them.

Safety Solutions, Inc.‎ - more info »

6161 Shamrock Ct, Dublin, OH‎ - (800) 232-7463

02193.gif

I tried full face helmets, didn't like them either. Don't seem to have problems with bugs with a 3/4 either, but maybe the windshield helps with that.

I went through a shit ton of glasses, both cheap and expensive and found that the Global Vision Envy Kit works for me. They can be glasses, goggles, with foam or without. Only 40 bucks too. I bought a similar pair in clear for night as well.

Iron Pony has them--

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/ENVYKIT.jpg/Kitkey2/ENVY%20KIT/Brand/GLOBAL%20VISION/Class2/Goggles%20and%20Eyewear/Class3/Sunglasses/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

I tried full face helmets, didn't like them either. Don't seem to have problems with bugs with a 3/4 either, but maybe the windshield helps with that.

I went through a shit ton of glasses, both cheap and expensive and found that the Global Vision Envy Kit works for me. They can be glasses, goggles, with foam or without. Only 40 bucks too. I bought a similar pair in clear for night as well.

Iron Pony has them--

http://www.ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/ENVYKIT.jpg/Kitkey2/ENVY%20KIT/Brand/GLOBAL%20VISION/Class2/Goggles%20and%20Eyewear/Class3/Sunglasses/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

Those are interesting. How is the view of your "blind spot"?

KillJoy

Those are interesting. How is the view of your "blind spot"?

KillJoy

What blind spot? :) They are pretty good, I don't notice blind spots very much, but I keep my head on a swivel at all times to try to avoid that kind of stuff anyway. I always use the strap when I'm on the highway, it keeps the glasses pretty tight to your face and helps takes way any blockage of peripheral vision.

Edited by Artmageddon