Detailers Q: Best cleaner for Vehicle Carpets and Seats?

TTQ B4U

Question for the detailers here.

So with spring coming and cleanup time for our minivan ahead of me, what products and where are they sold are consider the best for carpet and cloth seats? It's not pigged out but the interior is light grey and in need of typical cleaning.

Insight appreciated.

Woolite and water mixed about 1:10 for that application. Mix in Oxi-clean for the appropriate amount of liquid solution you have and you have my go-to cleaner.

Been using it for years. You can even buy this same basic formula pre-mixed in a spray bottle at the grocery store now if you don't want to make your own.

carpets and cloth seats should both be OK with this mixture.

As with any cleaners test a small spot out of the way first just to be sure. I've been using this mix for a long time without issues.

Something I failed to mention. Spraying on a cleaning solution and scrubbing to remove stains and dirt is only part of the process. If you leave that cleaner to dry it'll actually promote the carpet getting dirty quicker. You need to go back with a second application of just water and then extract everything from the carpet. You don't need fancy carpet extractors to do this (though their heated water helps) any wet/dry shop vac will be able to do the job. Saturate the area with straight water after cleaning and vacuum up as much of it as you can.