Nice places in North Carolina

Tractor

Very cool, I haven't visited the mountain areas of NC for many years. I see I have places to visit.

Yeah that mountain has tons of trails and things to do. Lots of tourist, bear sightings, etc. It's only 50 miles from Hickory.

I've been all over NC many times. The places I liked the best were Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Wilmington and Morehead City. Asheville has a lot of cheap things to do and is gorgeous. Hickory was always a lot of fun to just visit, kinda white trashy in parts, but every Friday/ Saturday night there were loads of cars cruising up and down the main strip. Wilmington and Morehead City had beaches and Charlotte was a blast, fun downtown nightlife, good food and some nice areas. Boon is pretty and is a college town (Appalachian State).

There really aren't many terrible places that I absolutely hated in NC. It just depends on what kind of scenery you want. The mountain areas are very cool, but some of those areas you could have a bit of a drive to get to a decent town. The flatland areas are similar to Ohio. East coast area has beaches that are nice, but the beaches themselves aren't anything special IMHO. I lived in Pensacola though, so that's what I had to compare beaches to.

I wouldn't suggest Greensboro because of the people. In my experiences, there were some shady fucks all over that area

I've been all over NC many times. The places I liked the best were Asheville, Hickory, Charlotte, Wilmington and Morehead City. Asheville has a lot of cheap things to do and is gorgeous. Hickory was always a lot of fun to just visit, kinda white trashy in parts, but every Friday/ Saturday night there were loads of cars cruising up and down the main strip. Wilmington and Morehead City had beaches and Charlotte was a blast, fun downtown nightlife, good food and some nice areas. Boon is pretty and is a college town (Appalachian State).

There really aren't many terrible places that I absolutely hated in NC. It just depends on what kind of scenery you want. The mountain areas are very cool, but some of those areas you could have a bit of a drive to get to a decent town. The flatland areas are similar to Ohio. East coast area has beaches that are nice, but the beaches themselves aren't anything special IMHO. I lived in Pensacola though, so that's what I had to compare beaches to.

I wouldn't suggest Greensboro because of the people. In my experiences, there were some shady fucks all over that area

Good info, the only areas I've spent actual time have been the outer banks and reidsville. I'm going to the outerbanks again in June for vacation. My sister is getting married and possibly moving to NC and she did drive down there a visit a few places trying to decide where to live. She liked Charlotte and Cary. Her fiance had a job offer near Goldsboro, but they didn't like the areas they saw.

My father is near retirement, works for United Rental and they want him to move to Raleigh and manage a store a few years.