My torn apart motor...and hopefully the answer...

FocusDave01

30281148814517543114298.jpg

w604.png

30281148814557544114298.jpg

w604.png

30281148814597545114298.jpg

w604.png

30281148814637546114298w.jpg

w604.png

well there she is all torn apart on middletowns floor...mad props to them for bustin their @ss's looks like either a) motor wasnt broke in correctly b)bad oil who knows but look at the head and valves both sides (inside and out) got crud and grime all over them so im sure thats the source of the problem..there gonna measure the valves and valve seals piston rings but pretty much new everything seal wise and spark plugs...more to come as i find out...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somone needs to combine these 3 threads which are bascially the same info/post/

Seriously. It's one thing to postwhore as a noob - we're semi-tolerant of that, but you've STARTED like 5-6 threads to keep us informed on the bike. it's hard to keep track of everything.

One would've been sufficient.

Edit: Neg rep left = "not even a moderator yet whines and bitches like one...GTFO" -That is priceless and of course, unsigned.

Edited by JRMMiii

I don't know anything about that shop, but id be nervous after seeing that motor being all over the floor like that... not very professional IMO. Not something id attempt or get away with at the shop i work at either. But hopefully they will get it fixed up and running for you:D

Seriously. It's one thing to postwhore as a noob - we're semi-tolerant of that, but you've STARTED like 5-6 threads to keep us informed on the bike. it's hard to keep track of everything.

i am a noob said it yourself :bigfinger: and besides these are pictures, so pic thread :lol:

Edited by FocusDave01

I don't know anything about that shop, but id be nervous after seeing that motor being all over the floor like that... not very professional IMO. Not something id attempt or get away with at the shop i work at either. But hopefully they will get it fixed up and running for you:D

think they did that for me to see it when i came in...

kinda looks like someone has had that head off aleady. on the under side gasket surface (shiny part) from your picture you can see the swirly straight lines from a die gringer and a clean up wheel. factory casting will not have those marks. or did they do that already?

Edited by cbr600f3

somone needs to combine these 3 threads which are bascially the same info/post/

what else do u two wanna gripe about. like u have anything better to do then read all his post.

im gonna start making one wor dthread so u have to read them all to figure out what was posted! :guitar:

kinda looks like someone has had that head off aleady. on the under side from your picture you can see the swirly straight lines from a die gringer and a clean up wheel. factory casting will not have those marks. or did they do that already?

that i dont know they may have done that before i got there...

what else do u two wanna gripe about. like u have anything better to do then read all his post.

im gonna start making one wor dthread so u have to read them all to figure out what was posted! :guitar:

Sucked you into our whine-fest... you're part of it now. Whining about the whiners.

Do we need to call whine one one, get the waaaaaambulance down here?

wambulance.jpg

How's that for a pic thread?

I hate to say it dude...but you dont have any Mechanical aptitude what so ever do you? (OP)

That head does not look abnormal at all just from viewing it.

It looks like there is a bit of Carbon Buildup on it....But nothing from "Looking" at it screams out any problems.

What exacly was this bike doing again....Smoking heavily under Acceleration?

see his other threadz...

and i agree that nothing stands out as "wrong." carbon build up, and gunk on the other side of the valves, hell mine has that nothing a little seafoam won't take care of. i think your problem lies with piston rings, which you could be right in the OP that it wasn't broken in properly.

i was always told, smoking on accel - rings; smoking on decel - valves. not sure if its true at all...take that with a grain of salt since i can't remember if that was a legit source or not.

if you get new rings, break it in HARD

Edited by natedogg624

wow, they have a really nasty shop! why is your motor and all the internals on the ground on some dirty piece of cardboard, and nasty rags?

I thought it was from someones home garage or something because if that's a dealership shop that is one rundown looking shop. :eek:

Sucked you into our whine-fest... you're part of it now. Whining about the whiners.

Do we need to call whine one one, get the waaaaaambulance down here?

wambulance.jpg

How's that for a pic thread?

i made it a pic thread just for you JRM, so you would post what you posted. thats why i did it..:lol:

I hate to say it dude...but you dont have any Mechanical aptitude what so ever do you? (OP)

That head does not look abnormal at all just from viewing it.

It looks like there is a bit of Carbon Buildup on it....But nothing from "Looking" at it screams out any problems.

What exacly was this bike doing again....Smoking heavily under Acceleration?

+1z

see his other threadz...

and i agree that nothing stands out as "wrong." carbon build up, and gunk on the other side of the valves, hell mine has that nothing a little seafoam won't take care of. i think your problem lies with piston rings, which you could be right in the OP that it wasn't broken in properly.

i was always told, smoking on accel - rings; smoking on decel - valves. not sure if its true at all...take that with a grain of salt since i can't remember if that was a legit source or not.

if you get new rings, break it in HARD

A leak down and compression test would have confirmed that it was not likely the rings..