Track Day Apr 27_2013

Wildrice

It's a lot of work setting up events, track days and the like. I think everyone appreciates the work Anthony, Tina, Brian V8, and Wags have done to make these things happen for us.

I'm wondering if it might make things easier if we used the forum calendar function better :confused: Most big productions such as the SCCA events, Import FaceOff, Good Guys, ECTA, and the major car shows publish their dates six months to a year in advance. If someone would take on the task of gathering the info and posting it onto the CR calendar, it might make the CR event planning process easier. That's not to say that there still wouldn't be conflicts, but it doesn't hurt to have all the info convenient and in one place.

Then, if you want to promote your favorite event and it isn't already on the CR calendar, you could PM the Calendar Coordinator and he or she would post it for you. And if you see there's a good weather weekend coming up and you want to know about car events, there's one place to check instead of having to search through a bunch of threads that might not have been bumped for weeks.

Wasn't Jon L supposed to be doing this at one time?

I'm willing to help gather the info for someone who wants to be in charge of it.

Just my .02