Impreza XT LOL

BigOxley

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lot bigger than I was hoping. It seems the rumors about Subaru looking to go upscale with the WRX models might be true. *sigh* They're clearly dropping any pretense of a rally car and going for "Sports Sedan".

The production model will be toned down a bit. The big questions will be how much power it will make, and how heavy it is.

It's a lot bigger than I was hoping. It seems the rumors about Subaru looking to go upscale with the WRX models might be true. *sigh* They're clearly dropping any pretense of a rally car and going for "Sports Sedan".

The production model will be toned down a bit. The big questions will be how much power it will make, and how heavy it is.

Not sure I follow.

It is the same size as the impreza, which is exactly how it has been on the past models. The 10+ widebody cars are still the same size, just wider exterior. Its the Impreza, with different cladding, and a spoiler, with a turbo engine, same recipe, new gen.

How is this any different than any of the other WRX models, that have in no way looked like "rally" cars? They have looked like sedans.

I understand hoping they would do things differently than the original formula, and being disappointed, however.

I was under the impression that starting in 08, the Impreza was built on the same platform as the Legacy. That is why 08+ look larger than 02-07. It may sound stupid but I feel like I'm driving a much bigger car now than I did in my 05. I did like the frameless windows on my 05.

Not sure I follow.

It is the same size as the impreza, which is exactly how it has been on the past models. The 10+ widebody cars are still the same size, just wider exterior. Its the Impreza, with different cladding, and a spoiler, with a turbo engine, same recipe, new gen.

How is this any different than any of the other WRX models, that have in no way looked like "rally" cars? They have looked like sedans.

I understand hoping they would do things differently than the original formula, and being disappointed, however.

By divorcing the WRX from the Impreza, Subaru had the opportunity to go in a different direction. They are proud of their rally heritage, though the 08+ was a bit of a departure. With the WRC going to smaller cars, this was a chance to get the WRX back to its roots.

Apparently that wasn't the plan, and that is where my disappointment lay.

Not to mention, I think going after the 3 series market is a big mistake for quirky Subaru.

By divorcing the WRX from the Impreza, Subaru had the opportunity to go in a different direction. They are proud of their rally heritage, though the 08+ was a bit of a departure. With the WRC going to smaller cars, this was a chance to get the WRX back to its roots.

Not to mention, I think going after the 3 series market is a big mistake for quirky Subaru.

Pretty much nothing gets even close to touching 3 series territory; too strong of a loyal buyer base, and the fact that it's "cool" to own a 3 series to some people. Seems like all brands are trying to upscale their cars too much, like Mitsubishi did with the Evo X originally, and now Subaru with this all-new WRX. Let's hope they at least make one hell of an STi from this new chassis

I was under the impression that starting in 08, the Impreza was built on the same platform as the Legacy. That is why 08+ look larger than 02-07. It may sound stupid but I feel like I'm driving a much bigger car now than I did in my 05. I did like the frameless windows on my 05.

I can see that, just as with the A4, it has grown slightly every generation, yielding something that is now as big as the old A6.

I got it. More of a missed opportunity, than anything really shocking.

Its shocking to lose weight and shrink a car, not make it heavier and grow it.

• Upvote 1

Its shocking to lose weight and shrink a car, not make it heavier and grow it.

This man gets it.

I see a brand new Nissan Sentra, I'm reminded of the 1st Gen Nissan Altima back in the 90s.

I see a 90s+ Civic, I'm reminded of my dad's '85 Accord.

I see Brent's Colorado at C&C, and my F100/F150 looks like a Ranger.

Nothing against cars getting bigger and all that, but it's funny after 8+ years when they outgrow the original segment that made them successful.

no this is the new WRX... in name only

it seems subaru has taken the easy way out.

The Impreza XT idea came from a member of COS.com and it was posted here by ewinters who thought it was clever. And it is, however it has never been announced as that.

And my day had a mild upswing only for it to swing back down and hit me in the nuts.