Seasonal Allergies

LJ

i just went to an allergist/asthma doc for the first time in my life. found out im fuckin allergic to everything. mold, dust, ragweed, cats, dogs, trees, cockroaches, and some other shit. all in all, 11 allergens. they said its rare they see someone test positive for that many

FML

i just went to an allergist/asthma doc for the first time in my life. found out im fuckin allergic to everything. mold, dust, ragweed, cats, dogs, trees, cockroaches, and some other shit. all in all, 11 allergens. they said its rare they see someone test positive for that many

FML

If it's rare, we be lost brothers.

I went to an allergist and it was a sham. Literally I tested positive to 90% of what they tested for (I went 3 times). saying I was alergic to Chicken, milk. Stuff I know I am not allergic to.

I discovered Nasonex for $115 a bottle. Works great. Heck I even live with a cat now.

If it's rare, we be lost brothers.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Just goin off what they told me. They did the tests on my back and said "we're gonna do these 11 on your arm to confirm, because this is an unusually high number of reactions", or something close to that. Then i got to enjoy 11 needle sticks in my arm. Ugh. went in for my asthma, came out with a whole lot more than i expected...but the way he explained asthma and allergies go hand in hand made sense, and hes the Dr, not me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Just goin off what they told me. They did the tests on my back and said "we're gonna do these 11 on your arm to confirm, because this is an unusually high number of reactions", or something close to that. Then i got to enjoy 11 needle sticks in my arm. Ugh. went in for my asthma, came out with a whole lot more than i expected...but the way he explained asthma and allergies go hand in hand made sense, and hes the Dr, not me.

You should have seen my 18 month old kid when we gave him scrambled eggs the first time.

My daughter is allergic to milk amongst other things. Both have been tested As I was when I was young.

We travel with EpiPens everywhere.

Today was the 1st day my wife had her sneezing attack in the morning. Luckily for me nothing bothers me outdoors, my wife on the other hand is a different story.

Silver lining is that means spring is near and after are 100 summer degree days.

Look into the laser treatment, for realz. I thought it was horseshit, but tried it at the urging of my wife. I'm by no means free of all of my allergies now, but I'll be damned if I only have to take a pill once a week or so now. FYI, I used to HAVE to get shots, or I was fucking miserable.

Look into the laser treatment, for realz. I thought it was horseshit, but tried it at the urging of my wife. I'm by no means free of all of my allergies now, but I'll be damned if I only have to take a pill once a week or so now. FYI, I used to HAVE to get shots, or I was fucking miserable.

Laser treatment?

I went to an allergist and it was a sham. Literally I tested positive to 90% of what they tested for (I went 3 times). saying I was alergic to Chicken, milk. Stuff I know I am not allergic to.

I discovered Nasonex for $115 a bottle. Works great. Heck I even live with a cat now.

Just becuase your test positive to being allergic, does not mean that you are severely allergic, just that your body is reacting to it in some defensive way.

For example, I am 'allergic' to chocolate. I literally have to eat like 2lb of chocolate to elicit an effect, which is pretty much just a minor cough.

P.S. I'm allergic to EVERYTHING. My arms get lit up like a christmas tree when they do those tests.

Pretty sure thats me. when he said cats, im like, uh, i have a cat. VERY rarely i get itchy eyes. the ragweed though, he said is usually fall time, which is when i sneeze like crazy. But he said all of them kind of inflame my sinuses (broken nose 3x doesnt help my breathing) which doesnt do any favors for my asthma and restricted airways in my chest.

Just becuase your test positive to being allergic, does not mean that you are severely allergic, just that your body is reacting to it in some defensive way.

For example, I am 'allergic' to chocolate. I literally have to eat like 2lb of chocolate to elicit an effect, which is pretty much just a minor cough.

P.S. I'm allergic to EVERYTHING. My arms get lit up like a christmas tree when they do those tests.

I know but I was severely allergic to most of them. Its a sham.

Then the allergist will tell you he can have you come in for shots ever week, oh and that costs $2000 for the year. Oh and by the way aren't guaranteed to work.

Its a scam.