Good audio shop in Columbus

Franchi

Evening all. I'm gonna be upgrading the base sound system in my 12 f150 dd soon and will more then likely getting all the parts from Crutchfield but will want to take it to a place local for install. New head integrated touch screen head unit, replace all the stocker speakers and add a couple 10 subs under rear seat. Any shops around aside from Columbus Car Audio? I haven't done a sound system in years so I not sure what's available now in Columbus. Will want it factory clean install, done right first time.

J and L electronics on the East side. Elton is the owner. I have been using him for years. Awesome shop and very fair pricing. Sometimes almost to cheap. Call 614.237.3215 and ask for Elton.
  • Upvote 1

J and L electronics on the East side. Elton is the owner. I have been using him for years. Awesome shop and very fair pricing. Sometimes almost to cheap. Call 614.237.3215 and ask for Elton.

Sure that isn't J and E? Been there but I don't remember the L part.

• 4 months later...
Auto Additions fucked up my remote start install, I wouldn't suggest them.

They're all super good guys, especially Josh, but every so often they send a car back to us that makes me wonder who the fuck OK'd it leaving their shop.

They always make it right for me though. Did they not attempt to make it right for you?

So is CCA still the place to go. My boss is looking to install a new setup in his f150 adding bluetooth, hands-free, and he would like to sync his note 2 to it.

Personally I'll be going with another place. I did go to CCA, told them what I was looking for basically and my budget, and asked what would he suggest. Guy proceeded to show me a setup which looked great until he told me it was 3 times how much I had said I was planning on spending. And when I asked him about that, he just said well that this would be the best sounding setup for your truck. I said thanks for your time and just left. I'm sure lots of people are happy there as seems like a nice organization but just talking to that guy for ten mins soured them on me. I went to a couple other places and told them my basic plan for the truck and budget and they showed me what they can do realistically.

Personally I'll be going with another place. I did go to CCA, told them what I was looking for basically and my budget, and asked what would he suggest. Guy proceeded to show me a setup which looked great until he told me it was 3 times how much I had said I was planning on spending. And when I asked him about that, he just said well that this would be the best sounding setup for your truck. I said thanks for your time and just left. I'm sure lots of people are happy there as seems like a nice organization but just talking to that guy for ten mins soured them on me. I went to a couple other places and told them my basic plan for the truck and budget and they showed me what they can do realistically.

That was exactly my experience going there too. "Yeah, I'm looking to spend $1000."

"This $3000 setup is perfect for you, let me tell you why!"

I was just at CCA last week and had a similar experience. I told them what I wanted and they tried to upsell me by a factor of 3. I explained I was not looking for that, and that I wanted the upgrade done my way. The manager tried to convince me that the radar detector/laser jammer system I had in the Bentley now was "worthless," and I told him it worked well for me except for the false alerts (current system not able to be updated on-line).

He wasn't able to pull off his regular hustle on me. It seems as though the sales guys there try to hit a home run on every time at bat. :dumb:

I like Sound Investment. Top notch people and customer service.

I'd also suggest supporting local audio shops rather than buying online.

1488 Oakland Park Ave

Columbus

(614) 447-1222

http://www.soundinv.com/

My car will be going here in the next week or two after my wheels and tires are mounted by Derek.

They're all super good guys, especially Josh, but every so often they send a car back to us that makes me wonder who the fuck OK'd it leaving their shop.

They always make it right for me though. Did they not attempt to make it right for you?

It was an older douchey guy I dealt with after the noob left my car in gear without the e-brake and had me try the remote start. After it went across the parking lot into one of their workers car all the "help" I got was 20% off my bill if I went to his friends body shop. Insurance took care of it so just chalk it up to a learning experience and a bad recomendation.

It was an older douchey guy I dealt with after the noob left my car in gear without the e-brake and had me try the remote start. After it went across the parking lot into one of their workers car all the "help" I got was 20% off my bill if I went to his friends body shop. Insurance took care of it so just chalk it up to a learning experience and a bad recomendation.

Wow that's atrocious.