CR golf outing?

Green Bastard

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had no luck getting ahold of Brandon, but if y'all wanna throw out some names of courses you would want to play, I can start making some calls.

Glen Ross

Bent Tree

Cumberland Trails (probably the best deal)

Oakhaven (might be too far north)

Safari

Those are just the ones that pop up for me that I enjoyed playing at.

Glen Ross

Bent Tree

Cumberland Trails (probably the best deal)

Oakhaven (might be too far north)

Safari

Those are just the ones that pop up for me that I enjoyed playing at.

I second Oakhaven. It's my home course, it's near the Hangout. I can talk to some of the guys there about an outing.

I e-mailed Glen ross and Cumberland trails today to see if I can get something going. I'm just waiting for a couple e-mails back to see what's goin on. When I have more time, I will send out a couple more e-mails and go from there.

:thumbup: keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...
I've only gotten one reply (from bent tree), I was trying to get a couple to compare rates. If you guys want I can just e-mail them back and set it up with them. Rates run about 70-75 per person depending on the package. If you guys want I can try a couple other places and see what the rates are, or we can go with this one if everyone is happy with it. Just let me know and I can set up a date and time and such.

I've only gotten one reply (from bent tree), I was trying to get a couple to compare rates. If you guys want I can just e-mail them back and set it up with them. Rates run about 70-75 per person depending on the package. If you guys want I can try a couple other places and see what the rates are, or we can go with this one if everyone is happy with it. Just let me know and I can set up a date and time and such.

70-75 per person for 18 holes? Count me out. That's a joke, more expensive than what they charge on a weekend per person. You think there would be a discount for such a big group.

That's what I was thinking and why I was waiting for more responses from other courses. I was thinking more along the lines of 50 or less per person would be reasonable. I'll do a search here in a little bit and see if I can get a hold of other courses and see if I can find something more reasonable.

It all depends on what options you are trying to get. A lot of these places will include a nice meal, hat/towel/balls, beer, and a round of 18 in the price. If we are looking more for just a large block of tee times and then everyone for themselves for food/drinks then it would be much cheaper

Riviera will cut you a group rate... we just had 12 play for 40.00/man. That's nice enough for this group of hacks AND located in a reasonable area (Dublin). They are now semi-private. Played there 2 weeks ago. Course was nicely kept.

Riviera will cut you a group rate... we just had 12 play for 40.00/man. That's nice enough for this group of hacks AND located in a reasonable area (Dublin). They are now semi-private. Played there 2 weeks ago. Course was nicely kept.

Agree with this.

Ok, I finally got a couple to get back with me. Bent tree said with just green fees and carts it was going to be $55 per person (which sounds better than 70-75). Minerva golf course has also gotten back to me and for just green fees and carts it is $30 per person.

I also put in a request on this site http://www.columbuscitygolfcourses.com/. There is 6 courses that site covers, so if they get back to me with a reasonable rate I figure that could give us some more options.

As far as a date, I was thinking sometime in July. Is there a date when everyone is available? That way if we decide on a course to play I can lock in a date. I told them it should be approx. 20 people, so I would like a list of people going for sure. I figure majority vote on the date wins, and the people who say they can definitely make it I will update the list (in the original post) with their screen names.

You're just going to have to pick a date and whoever can go will go. No way you can please everyone, but if you set it out far enough, that will at least give people some time to plan ahead.

I figured majority rule would keep most happy, but how about we shoot for July 27th. That should give everyone plenty of time to make plans. I'm thinking minerva sounds good enough for the broke asses of cr unless someone else comes at me with another respectable rate, but i will hold off for a couple days before locking it in with them just in case someone gets back to me with a better rate. I figure Thursday or Friday I will call them and make it official.