explosion at boston marathon

phil

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality politicians at work http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/CBS-Third-Bomb-Possibly-Found-Along-Boston/PJFSyYjreESeP1rPphm62w.cspx

Vice President Joe Biden was on a conference call with gun control activists when staffers turned on televisions in his office Monday to view coverage of the explosions. Biden said during the call that his prayers were with those who suffered injuries.

"The marathon was being run in honor of the victims of the Newtown massacre. Some families were apparently watching from near the finish line:"

"Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion."

Please don't let this be an attack against them.

Thoughts go out to all involved, and hopefully quick apprehension of those responsible.

"The marathon was being run in honor of the victims of the Newtown massacre. Some families were apparently watching from near the finish line:"

"Oh jeez, AP reporter on TV says Newtown families were in the VIP section right by the explosion."

Please don't let this be an attack against them.

Thoughts go out to all involved, and hopefully quick apprehension of those responsible.

call me dumb, but why would that have anything to do with them?

The first thing that comes to my mind is some pro-gun wack-job trying to get back at them for their recent gun control push. I'm sure they've pissed quite a few people off lately.

oh, ok thanks for clearing that up i had no idea why. thanks

The explosion at the JFK Library was NOT a controlled Detonation., so we have one that was taken care of and a third that was not, or at least that is how I am seeing it.

This is what I have heard from the news as well.

Supposedly have a suspect in custody: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

It's been a crazy day... I went to school and lived just 45 minutes away from Boston before I moved here in August. A bunch of friends and fraternity brother were running in the event today (so far they all seem to be accounted for). A few were just down the road from the finish line as well. Hopefully anyone else with family/friends in the area have heard good news as well.