WWII Photos

Mr. Jones

I'm going to show these to my Grandfather this weekend and get his take.

Nice find!

He'll say something about how the women of his day weren't afraid to drill rivet holes without wearing any gloves.

If he's had a couple to drink, you might get a "I split those hotties like logs, back when you didn't worry about diseases" comments as well.:no:

Great pics and thanks for posting them. Kind of ironic actually . I might show these also to my grandfather who is a WWII vet. He talks a lot about the Normandy invasion and tells me many stories. We have been staying/living at his home on and off for the last three months to help out while he has been waiting for a new heart valve which he just had done yesterday on his 90th birthday. It all went well and he his coming home tomorrow.

I could be completely wrong, but my photography skills are giving me a hard time believing the photos came from the 1940's and are just random photos that were polished up with photoshop. Especially any of the close up shots where people are working in factories. The lighting is clearly shot off camera and using the same equipment for the shots. The white balance and exposures are all nailed to a T as well.

Photo number 8 is a great example and shows multiple light sources that likely were fired "bare bulb" to create a high contrast effect.

Didn't say it was impossible, just saying some look staged though I have no idea how or why anyone would go to that much trouble. Could just be a lot of the HDR processing too.

I could be completely wrong, but my photography skills are giving me a hard time believing the photos came from the 1940's and are just random photos that were polished up with photoshop. Especially any of the close up shots where people are working in factories. The lighting is clearly shot off camera and using the same equipment for the shots. The white balance and exposures are all nailed to a T as well.

Photo number 8 is a great example and shows multiple light sources that likely were fired "bare bulb" to create a high contrast effect.

Didn't say it was impossible, just saying some look staged though I have no idea how or why anyone would go to that much trouble. Could just be a lot of the HDR processing too.

You hate America.

Heres a couple more, the first link has many of the same pics in the original link but there are a bunch added. The second link is color pictures from Russia from the early 1900's

http://www.shorpy.com/Large_Format_Kodachromes

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2U8veh/blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/10/21/color-photography-from-russian-in-the-early-1900s/comment-page-4

;)

True, and considering these are from the 40's with all those shots of women, and not 1 pic being taken in a kitchen!? Seems a littel fishy to me..

Cool pics either way

;)

True, and considering these are from the 40's with all those shots of women, and not 1 pic being taken in a kitchen!? Seems a littel fishy to me..

Cool pics either way

That made me lol.