Home Alarm / Security System

KillJoy

I recently did a lot of research on what company and how much.

I ended up going with ADT pulse. You can arm / disarm from a smart phone, also check all sensors. If you upgrade you can adjust thermostat, view cameras, etc.

With Basic ADT pulse its 45/month.

What I dont like about most other companies, is they are not local. They run a credit check, and ship you the box of stuff to set up. Or for a fee you can have them install it.

ADT here. If it goes off, they call our house/cells within 20-30 seconds like clockworks. Yes, I've set it off more than a few times by accident :o

Tons of options too. Cell backups, sirens, lights, controls, etc....

Alarm One. Everything in the house wired (windows, doors, motion sensors, heat sensors) . Fire, carbon monoxide, and propane sensors included. All integrated with a LCD touchpad and my phone. Also interfaces with central air, some lights, and a few of the plugs in the house.

I love the setup, and couldn't live without one now. What I pay for monitoring services was more than discounted in my home owners policy, making that part of it net free. The hardware I own, so that's a different story.

GeoArm here, I own the system, am the installer and no one except me has the installer or master codes. Most other systems will lock you out of your own equipment as soon as you sign up.

If your DIY'er its the way to go. You can buy what ever you want for equipment. I went with stuff ADT uses for the main stuff since it had good reviews, etc. I installed some extra's and programmed in some perimeter and driveway alarms.

Response time is seconds after the call goes out.

I used ESC up there. The cost was more up front but lower monthly. I think it was a 2 year contract.

http://columbushomesecuritysystems.com/

And it worked, we tripped the alarm a few times accidentally and missed the call. The police were there within 5 minutes.