Why dont we have car meets like this

Fubar231

Definitely had that kind of turnout in Cincy about a decade ago... If any of you know where the Dave & Busters parking lot is, the cruise in would fill that while lot up. (D&B, Morris, Sam Ash, mattress place)... People from Dayton and CBus would come... That was a fun summer.

Only video I could find... Hard to tell from the video since they sped it up... But that is a huge lot and it was packed and across the street it was packed, and what you can't see is since it was full people would drive to the Walmart down the street and park there too, which is who called the cops first, lol.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=zo_i2d2YR18

A couple years later they moved it to the forest fair plaza and would fill that lot up...

Houston Coffee & Cars always has at least 1000 cars in attendance. We usually show up around 4:30am to get good spaces and people line up on the streets and freeway to watch the cars arriving and leaving. Last time I went in February Lamborghini brought out an Aventador Convertible and 5-hour energy was giving out a bunch of free stuff.

I remember going to the Pavilions in Phoenix, there were always a bunch of cars, but I don't remember it being anywhere near this size.

Correct. The Pavilions gets close when Barrett-Jackson is in town in January but usually averages 200-300 cars every weekend. I will be there tonight.

Now if you combined all the different meets in Phoenix into 1 location like that it would equal it, it's no joke down here. The meet I usually attend @ 67th Ave and Bell rd has filled the lot most every weekend lately and there are 20 other meets around town similar to this every weekend year round.

That is a hell of a sight to see all those cars like that.

There were some nice ones when I was in Charlotte. Dayton tried to get some decent gatherings going but the retards always show up and get it shut down before it gets too big.

Yep, generally speaking, it is the dickheads with junk, foreign cars or the diesel trucks that start the stupid shit that either shuts it down or causes those with nice rides to pack up and leave.

While I have nothing against a work in progress, foreign cars or something with a diesel in it, these goofs are usually high or drunk doing stupid shit, and the kids with the diesels think it's cool to cover nice cars with soot.....

That said, this cruise in is every Friday night, in Bevercreek, on St. Rt. 35, it is in the Lofino's grocery lot and the old Eastgate Ford lot. Lofin's is usually grilling and selling food, the Bob Evans next door walks the lot and takes orders to. People start rolling in around 4PM, and leave 8,9,10, or so.

We probably don't have meets this big because the metro of Columbus isn't 8 million like LA.

Yeah.

Car culture here is strangely crappy. I say strangely because it's Ohio and everyone has at least two cars, so you would think it would be better.

I dunno, we have a world-class road course an hour away, an active autocross community, a drag strip, a paved circle track that holds drift events, and 7 or 8 road courses within a reasonable driving distance. Pretty much something for everyone. I'll take that over acres and acres of hard-parkers any day.