i seen some crazy road rage but damn!

Spidey2721

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how I'd react in that situation, but logic tells me that some simple maneuvering to distance oneself from the aggressor would be a better option than brandishing a weapon and potentially causing a shootout or other violence on a a public thoroughfare.

I'm all for gun rights and advocacy, I just don't see utilizing those rights in this situation as the best option.

I agree

I'm not sure how I'd react in that situation, but logic tells me that some simple maneuvering to distance oneself from the aggressor would be a better option than brandishing a weapon and potentially causing a shootout or other violence on a a public thoroughfare.

I'm all for gun rights and advocacy, I just don't see utilizing those rights in this situation as the best option.

Pulling a Gun is the last thing you want to do in this situation, especially with CCW being so prevalent in Ohio/Other states (please note im neutral on the CCW issue)

While down in Florida (where there is basically no CCW training) people would get shot literally all the time during road rage confrontations. There were several instances where Dude A. would pull a gun on Dude B., not because he had to but because he could. Guess what? Dude A. Never used his gun, Dude B Pulls out his and shoots Dude A. dead. All well within his legal means.

For your own safety please don't pull out a gun unless you absolutely have too and are willing to use it.

[CR reply]

What I would do hangs entirely on which one/which type of vehicle I am driving that day.

On two wheels, I exit as soon as it is safe.

In a car I have time and effort invested in, I exit as soon as it is safe.

If I'm in the plow truck, a beater, my wife's van, or a rental... dude eats wall.

[/CR reply]

[Real Life]

911, "Some asshole is trying to wreck me; his plate # is xxxxxxx."

[/Real Life]

I had some dude doing that to me one day while I was driving at work. I have no idea what I did. From the way he was doing exactly that and also had himself turned completely around in the cab of his `80's dodge pickup flipping me off through the rear window I wondered if he thought I was someone else.

In this case I didn't attempt to escalate at any point and just ignored him which seems to make it worse. Finally I decided that his `80's truck probably topped out at 80mph so I just left him behind and traffic was heavy so there was no catching up. Grove City people, blah.

Finally I decided that his `80's truck probably topped out at 80mph so I just left him behind and traffic was heavy so there was no catching up. Grove City people, blah.

So you greatly exceeded the speed limit and evaded in heavy traffic? Seems legit.

I deal with this bullshit everyday. Still haven't found someone willing to pull over and "talk" about it though :gabe:

That's because you and I havn't crossed paths yet, I did this just recently and the guy just sat there telling me to get back in my car.

That's because you and I havn't crossed paths yet, I did this just recently and the guy just sat there telling me to get back in my car.

Well if you can manage to at least go the speed limit, and not drive like a complete douche...I don't think we will have an issue lol

Well if you can manage to at least go the speed limit, and not drive like a complete douche...I don't think we will have an issue lol

Yeah, not an issue for me. This last guy decided to force his way into my lane where I was as his was closing off from construction. I got around him, forced him to stop and got out and offered him to get out of his car and explain himself, he didn't. I then took a pic of him and his plate for memories sake so if it happens again..............:no:

Flashing a weapon is the last thing you want to do and pulling over to talk about it is a close second (at least in Texas). If you get into an altercation and exit your car you are almost instantly charged with roadrage regardless of who's at fault and you don't want to get into a he said/she said crap over that dumb crap.

Either drive away and forget about it or be prepared to go through a LOT of shit to include loosing your CHL, time, money, etc..etc. and hope you aren't charged with a felony...

Guy tries to change lanes apparently without looking, then gets mad and brake checks car he almost hit to begin with. Makes sense.

there seems to be a gap missing. I think the part you dont see is the camera car brake checks first after he is being tailgated.

He should have just pulled over or tried to get off.