Looking for News Stories

wagner

So my editor wants me to try and find more "news stories" rather than videos. I have been given zero examples so i am flying by the skin of my ass on this deal.

So, do any of the shops here on CR have any products that they will be releasing, cool builds, anything racing news related I can do a story on?

CTD. You will do an article on CTD.

Well first off, they have to get that school bus fire to move under its own power.

Besides, I will not help a shop that pretty much said that everybody on this site is below them.

I might do a story on that shithole after they close up shop or blow something up...

Being serious:

Cincy Speed is completing a build on a newer cts-v that will be completely badass, over 1000k hp.

RAFT Racing (Danny Popp) is completing the rebuild of Todd Rumpke's C6z that won the 2011 Optima Street Car Challenge. This time it will be powered by a solid roller high revving 441ci LS7 block built by ERL and CNCd ls7 heads done by SAM.

He also just completed a totally badass c5z that will be a killer in ST2.

I like Rays idea.... You can broaden it too, since Edgewater also got a new surface...

Though a lot more story behind Kilkare, With all the rumors about lengthening, etc...

One can only hope they do that. Last I heard two years back the county wouldn't allow it due to the area behind the sand trap being a flood zone. Who knows now though, they may allow it.

It's sad that if you run a 12.x pass you are standing on the brakes to slow down. If they can get it lengthened then the track IMO would be one of the best around. Always love going there, and was always cool that a round track event was going on at the same time.

It's sad that if you run a 12.x pass you are standing on the brakes to slow down.

You need to fix your car, years ago I ran 9's there and had NO issue stopping with stock brakes and original equipment brake pads.

You need to fix your car, years ago I ran 9's there and had NO issue stopping with stock brakes and original equipment brake pads.

I was hot lapping there and melted my abs sensor a few years back. Braking is fine... just don't do it like 8 times in a row :fuuuu:

I was hot lapping there and melted my abs sensor a few years back. Braking is fine... just don't do it like 8 times in a row :fuuuu:

I hot lapped the shit out of mine on a rental in the mid 11's and never had a single issue. I think on that rental I made something like 50 or 60 passes. ;)

It's probably already been covered on Dragzine (isn't that who you're writing for?), but Race Proven Performance down in Kentucky broke the C6 6 speed record last week. The owner has an '06 Z06 with a cam and 200 shot went 8.82 on the stock trans and whatnot.

It's probably already been covered on Dragzine (isn't that who you're writing for?), but Race Proven Performance down in Kentucky broke the C6 6 speed record last week. The owner has an '06 Z06 with a cam and 200 shot went 8.82 on the stock trans and whatnot.

Pretty sure someone already has that.

How about our no prep race. Also what about evil8, s extreme outlaw series?

Already talked to fill about the no prep race and floated the idea. Someone already did a story on the extreme outlaws series late last year.

• 2 weeks later...
Being serious:

Cincy Speed is completing a build on a newer cts-v that will be completely badass, over 1000k hp.

RAFT Racing (Danny Popp) is completing the rebuild of Todd Rumpke's C6z that won the 2011 Optima Street Car Challenge. This time it will be powered by a solid roller high revving 441ci LS7 block built by ERL and CNCd ls7 heads done by SAM.

He also just completed a totally badass c5z that will be a killer in ST2.

I got the green light on these, do you have contact info/people I can get a hold of? Send it to me via PM please.

How about a story on the new concrete surface and all of the new equipment at KilKare?

They did not buy this for some reason.

I got the OK for this, just need to work out some details.

Monday I went up to IPS and shot some photos and just need the background info from them to do the story.

I am also waiting to talk with Jon Moore over at Moorespeed performance. There are a few other local shops I might be contacting soon, and some other stories that are in the pipeline.