220pc Craftsman kit for $79.99

zeitgeist57

http://jalopnik.com/this-220pc-mechanics-tool-set-for-80-is-worth-the-effo-498570485

You need to signup for a club membership, which I don't normally like to do...but these bundled kits are the bee's knees. Great to have on the boat or teeruk so you can make repairs on the go.

If I was called "The Tool Man", I'd be expected to have at least 2 of everything! :)

HEY! If you were a Craftsman tool, what tool would you be?

It's a simple question, TIM TAYLOR...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ22nvi_BqTCBO_O0KmJ7LOi2WIVeMMFETMwNJrMsHMBQLrpIClWw

If I was called "The Tool Man", I'd be expected to have at least 2 of everything! :)

HEY! If you were a Craftsman tool, what tool would you be?

It's a simple question, TIM TAYLOR...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ22nvi_BqTCBO_O0KmJ7LOi2WIVeMMFETMwNJrMsHMBQLrpIClWw

HEY! I'd be a pair of binoculars, that way I could stare at an eclipse for over an hour! HEY!

So much shit to buy for the next few weeks.

May 10 - Friends bday

May 12 - mothers day

May 22 - Sisters bday

June 20 - Fathers day

June 21 - my bday

july 26 - mothers bday

May 19 - Clay's birthday

end rant.

FTFY

So much shit to buy for the next few weeks.

May 10 - Friends bday

May 12 - mothers day

May 22 - Sisters bday

June 20 - Fathers day

June 21 - my bday

july 26 - mothers bday

end rant.

If you've got to buy things for yourself on your own birthday, well, I guess I feel sorry for ya, bud. :fa:

LOL! That's chinese made.

I can't find any info on that either way online. Where do you see that?

Either way, it's still Craftsman and has a lifetime warranty. If anything breaks, you take it to the store for a replacement, no questions asked. Right?

Craftsman branded is still the same no questions asked warranty. Craftsman Evolv line is all made in China, and requires proof of purchase for its lifetime warranty. I have yet to see any Craftsman branded tools as being made in China, just their Evolv line. I will say I do like the Evolv tools, what I have has been great so far. I have a large Craftsman tool set that is ~6 years old and some of the sockets have chipped the finish and one of the ratchets has a terrible action in it, from very light use. I believe they are all US made. So they aren't perfect either but they do work. I have some Craftsman Professional line screwdrivers that are very nice, and US made, and weren't very expensive.

I think Craftsman is having to cheapen their lines in order to compete with Harbor Freight. I can't say I've had any tools from there that I would consider nice or quality. Craftsman is not nearly as nice as Snap-On but its also a fraction of the price so I'll stick with them, even their Chinese made tools so long as they continue to be the quality they are now. I'm still getting what I expect to get for the money I'm spending.

What's funny about that?

Craftsman's tool production isn't only taking place in the USA.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194980

Danaher is a mixed bag, I'd wager to say 80% of it is made overseas and all of it is made from imported material. They do sneaky stuff, like machine sockets in china and then ship them here to stamp sizes and chrome them. US made from imported material...

The LOL was because for $80 the odds of it all being US made is very very slim.

It won't accept the TOOL15 code....only the VALPAK5 code but it shows as free shipping. Has anyone gotten both codes to work? I went to order a set for the camper but $95 doesn't sound near as good as $80 for a spare set.

It won't accept the TOOL15 code....only the VALPAK5 code but it shows as free shipping. Has anyone gotten both codes to work? I went to order a set for the camper but $95 doesn't sound near as good as $80 for a spare set.

Both worked for me.

today? Someone else I know got it to work too. Best I can get is $94.99 shipped.

edit: nevermind....I see you posted the picture up there yesterday. Wonder if that code expired then?

nope......good through the 18th. I clicked the details and this is what it says:

One item in cart must have minimum $15 value to receive full discount. Coupon code must be entered in cart to see discount. Limit 1 coupon per order. Coupon may only be used once and cannot be combined with any other coupons. Items Sold by Sears. No Sears store price matching is permitted on this offer. Discount applies in cart with Coupon Code TOOL15. Offer valid through 5/18/2013. Excludes Great Price, Hot Buys and Clearance Items. Also excludes Tool Storage, Garage Door Openers,Online Only Items,Wet/Dry Vacs,Bench Power Tools,Specialty Power Tools,Garage Organization and Mechanics Tools Sets. Internationally Shipped Orders are excluded. Offer good through 05/18/2013

I see like 3 different places there where it shouldn't work.... hot buys, combined with other coupons, and mechanics tools. Not sure how others are getting it to work.