New law in NC

Green Bastard

Looks similar to wine. In a lot of states, a Winery can NOT sell directly to the customer. Take for instance Trader Joe's. They have their own wine label. Most of their wine is shipped from CA. So if you want to buy a bottle of Trader Joe's Reserve Cabernet, TJ has to take it's wine from CA, sell it to an OH distributor, and buy it's own wine back from the distributor and then sell it to the customer. They can't just bring it in on a truck bringing a hundred other items from a distribution center in CA.

I understand it's to protect the states industry, but I have yet to see any evidence convincing me why it should be done that way.

The auto dealers do not want competition from Tesla and feel discrimination they they have tons of inventory and a dealership. Tesla is going into malls and giving you the ability to order a car on line rather than having tons of inventory out in dealerships. Have you seen the Tesla stock? It is up 50% in 3 weeks. This may be the new model for car sales.

The auto dealers do not want competition from Tesla and feel discrimination they they have tons of inventory and a dealership. Tesla is going into malls and giving you the ability to order a car on line rather than having tons of inventory out in dealerships. Have you seen the Tesla stock? It is up 50% in 3 weeks. This may be the new model for car sales.

I think Tesla is doing a great job in their target market, but not sure a zero inventory business model would work well for a vehicle that could sell 30k/month volume. This law is total BS. There is no reason a factory owned store should not be able to sell to customers. Why not outlaw Apple stores, or any other factory owned outlet, too?

Tesla had the Texas law struck down, I'm sure they'll move on this too.