270 being built in the 60's

Buck531

id go back to that time and get infront of the developers like casto, pizzuti etc they knew where the exits where going to be before the plan was released and snatched up all the valuable land.

I'd go back and snatch the land for Graceland up from the Columbus Diocese before Casto could get it and there wouldn't be any Casto.

I'd go back and snatch the land for Graceland up from the Columbus Diocese before Casto could get it and there wouldn't be any Casto.

I do not. I pulled it from the Westerville History facebook page I found last night.

Found this on Wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_270_(Ohio)

One of my neighbors in UA was an engineer on the 270 project back in the 60s. I LOL'd when he said it was originally developed to be an OUTER-BELT; back then they didn't think that people would continue doing major development outside of 270.

Waiting for plans to do an I-870 route making a ring from Sunbury through Newark, down through Hebron and Lancaster...over to Circleville, and back up through Plain City.:lol:

OT, my neighbor and his wife lived in the same house since he had it built by Sears Roebuck in 1958!

Thats an awesome picture, my mom tells me stories of when they used to go drag race on 270 before it was completed, sounds like such a good time.

Haha. My dad told me this also. Said they'd race there then cruise to Rinks on brice rd (where screamin willys is).

Thats an awesome picture, my mom tells me stories of when they used to go drag race on 270 before it was completed, sounds like such a good time.

Your mom used to drag race on 270? Pics of said mom :gabe: