Hello in Columbus

bobn

I'm Bob.

Sorry, I'm not really into racing, I don't have that kind of discretionary income. I drive a stock 2002 Altima SE as my daily, it is my only car basically.

I'm here because a forum member (I don't know his forum name, just his real name) told me I might have luck finding some interested buyers of my father's 2006 GTO. He said people are getting tired of craigslist (I didn't know this) because of so many scams. My father passed away. He was an avid car fan. He said he owned, tuned, and traded 50 cars before graduating high school. When he retired, he resumed his interest into cars and had built a few tbuckets and a kit motorcycle, purchased a mustang, etc.. What remains of his interests is this GTO predominantly. It has 30K miles and he installed a super charger.

I hope you'll allow me to see if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

People here don't buy anything over a thousand dollars. If you offer it for $18k, be prepared for offers around $12k, followed by backpedaling and/or no responses when you accept said offer(s).

Welcome to columbusracing.

Hi, Bob.

I'm not sure that you got the best advice from your friend. Generally, this isn't the sort of forum to join just to sell a car. For example, there's a rule that you have to have a postcount of 25 before offering anything for sale.

That said, perhaps some folks can post to this thread if they have advice on where to advertise your late father's car (as Humbler posted above). Although it's a longshot, there may even be someone who will see this intro thread and contact you if they're interested.

Best wishes to you, and good luck selling the car.

as stated above bob, not a ton of people here that would be interested in that car, but you can try. i'm not sure exactly what its worth, but i got $16k through the dealer for my '05 GTO with 23k miles on it, when i upgraded to my caddy. unfortunately, modifications to a car add next to zero value---believe me, its true, unfortunately.

there will be tons of interested parties on ls1gto.com, maybe ls tech forums---be prepared for low-ballers, etc. i've had good luck with auto trader. sorry about your father's passing.