This is just getting ridiculous

TimTaylor751647545500

Cowboy-style cap gun gets 5-year-old suspended from school in Calvert County

A kindergartner who brought a cowboy-style cap gun onto his Calvert County school bus was suspended for 10 days after showing a friend the orange-tipped toy, which he had tucked inside his backpack on his way to school, according to his family and a lawyer.

This country is going to shit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/cowboy-style-cap-gun-gets-5-year-old-ousted-from-school-in-calvert-county/2013/05/30/a3a8a178-c93c-11e2-9245-773c0123c027_story.html

There's always more to the story...That said, it's disheartening to hear some of these events. :o

When I was a sophomore, a group of my friends and classmates planned a "water fight" day near the end of school. People brought little squirt guns and water balloons...my buddy and I brought a gym bag with two huge Super Soakers and filled up the 2-liter sized reservoirs. After lunch, about 60 of us went to our lockers, broke out guns and went to town inside and outside of the school. some of the halls were flooded from water fights. It lasted maybe 10 minutes but it was mayhem.

A bunch of us were labeled "the organizers" (rightfully so) and got Saturday detention. Needless to say, every water gun teachers/admin got was confiscated until the end of the school year a couple of weeks later. IT WAS WORTH IT.

These days? I'd still be in prison wearing an orange vest, labeled a "homeland terrorist" :(

This country is going to shit.

I don't think so. Zero tolerance. Yeah it's just a toy, but the way shit has been going in schools...keep the shit at home. Water gun to cap gun or cork gun.

10 days suspension is a dumbass penalty for a 5 year old......he's 5 years old and will not understand the punishment. This is a good time to break out a good case of busted ass.....he definitely would understand that. You tell him as you're handing it out what he did wrong " Don't (whack) you (whack) ever (whack) take (whack) toys (whack) to (whack) school (whack) again (whack)"

Kindergartner should have known, clearly old enough to make the conscious choice to bring a questionable toy to school. Punishment is warranted.

10 days suspension is a dumbass penalty for a 5 year old......he's 5 years old and will not understand the punishment. This is a good time to break out a good case of busted ass.....he definitely would understand that. You tell him as you're handing it out what he did wrong " Don't (whack) you (whack) ever (whack) take (whack) toys (whack) to (whack) school (whack) again (whack)"

They're lucky he only got 10 days. And there needed to be a reprimand. It can be argued whether the child should've known better or if the punishment can be fully appreciated by the child however, it's the fucking parents who aren't obviously paying attention to what their child takes to school. You know, like a damn gun... Fake or otherwise. That's the point and that's who's really getting punished here.

Wow. I wonder how long my kids will last through school when I have them.

a surprisingly long time if you do your job correctly. You can't control everything and kids are going to make mistakes but I can honestly tell you that this situation will never be a problem in our household. Our kids know right from wrong and we know what's in their book bag every day before they get on the bus. We take the time to look through everything and make sure they're prepared for the day.

They're lucky he only got 10 days. And there needed to be a reprimand. It can be argued whether the child should've known better or if the punishment can be fully appreciated by the child however, it's the fucking parents who aren't obviously paying attention to what their child takes to school. You know, like a damn gun... Fake or otherwise. That's the point and that's who's really getting punished here.

Mine was sarcasm...

Kindergartner should have known, clearly old enough to make the conscious choice to bring a questionable toy to school. Punishment is warranted.

If this in tongue-in-cheek, 1/2 lol.

If you're serious, you're ignorant and/or have never raised multiple 5 year olds.

EDIT - upon further review, facetious it is.