School question (plagiarism)

HotCarl

So long story short, I dropped a class halfway through last semester b/c my schedule was too full, so I'm retaking it during summer session. Would it be considered plagiarism if i were to reuse some of the homework answer's I had from previously taking the course while taking the course again? Keep in mind I'm not stealing anyone else's work all of the work is mine,and its not like they're big papers its only like 4-5 short answer homework assignments but I don't know if they would consider it plagiarism?

Maybe there are some adjunct professors here that can answer this for me?

Yes, it is. Almost any school I know of deems it as cheating. It must be "original" work. AKA only used one time and one time only.

That being said, I have done it before, and didn't give a single shit. Just re-printed the saved file or copied off my own homework from before. I have a D-ring binder from every class I've ever taken along with the book. I do this for a lot of reasons, but won't go into that. You did the work, so I don't see anything morally wrong with it. Just like tuners re-using basemaps as a starting point, or re-working previous tunes they have done for a vehicle. It's only yourself you are hurting in the long run I guess. If you are confident in your knowledge of the material, then I see no issue.

Yes it is plagiarism.

I was in school and turned in a paper that I got a 97 on. It turned out that entire quarter I wasn't even enrolled in school so I had to retake all of my classes.

I turned in the same paper for the same essay question over a book we had read and I got a 79 on the same exact paper. I confronted the professor about it and he said either take the grade or fight him in front of the student board for plagiarism.

He didn't know until I had brought it up to him. I would feel safe turning in the same answers.

copy pasta from the google -

transitive verb

: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source

intransitive verb

: to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source

1 says it's using someone else's shit and calling it your own.

the other is reusing something and presenting it as original.

i'd reuse it and just cherry pick that first definition IF you get caught...just play dumb and say "oh, i didn't realize i could plagiarize my own shit, faggot!"

If it didn't go through turnitin.com or some other system I would call it original work. If it is yours it is yours. That was my thought for my under grad and graduate programs...

Erik

This. Basically these are only small homework assignments. Had they been term papers or part of a thesis or grad program I think it would be a lot different. Thanks for the input guys.

But if it's the same questions, why would the answers change? Unless they would need to be worded differently.

That's not what I meant. I was just saying that the newer books give a much different slant on the history that hasn't changed. I agree with keeping his answers, but possibly making them better.