Another F1 track in the U.S.??

Dr. Apex

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/pima-sees-formula-racetrack-in-future/article_1495b160-1302-57d4-a1c0-c7bfd08124fe.html

They're at least talking about it and actually want this type of venue to come to Arizona which is half the battle right there. I think the location is great being fairly close to the west coast and Tucson just doesn't get as hot as Phoenix and is far more accessible more of the year like Austin.

Hmm. I would be even less likely to go to AZ for a race than I am to go to Austin. I guess I'm guilty of comparing it to Indy. The race kinda sucked there but you could do the trip in 3 hours each way and well under $1k for 2 people. I went every year it was held. When I looked into going to Austin...I was like...why not go to somewhere like Silverstone or Montreal for that money? The logistics for an austin trip suck. The cheaper route was direct to either Dallas or Houston. Any hotel that was reasonable was WAY outside of Austin. So, even if you pay for the connecting flight a rental car is a must. you could drive but I've driven to Texoma from here and, no thank you. Austin is quite a bit more than that. the drive would be boring, long and a waste of valuable time off work. I think they should wait and see if Austin is successful before building another track in a tertiary market.

I'm sure this would be years away as they're just now talking about the plans for it, for a lot of you in Ohio it would be out of the way but it's a days drive from most of the southwest(Denver, L.A., Albq).

A friend of mine in Tucson says the local government is retarded and couldn't get some deal passed to bring in baseball because they wouldn't put any money into revamping a stadium so who knows, look how long it took the Cooper Stadium deal to go through because of a few cry babies in German village.

A third track? That's pretty crazy. And kinda dangerous, scheduling-wise. They better do their research. If there's three tracks in the US, Bernie might just rotate the tracks each year rather than run all three. That would kill the income for everyone.

i want to see a street course in new york. that would be amazing! hey they did it in columbus for trans am.

Had you not seen? :)

I don't know that an AZ course would present unique challenges like all the others do. COTA is almost universally loved by the F1 drivers with plenty of elevation change, long straights and high speed as well as very tight corners. Similar in philosophy to Spa.

3 tracks would be much but I havn't heard anything new about Jersey and am still against it. New York would be ok.......Jersey though the drivers would get mugged on the start line and while the race was on the trucks would be stolen and stripped.

3 tracks would be much but I havn't heard anything new about Jersey and am still against it. New York would be ok.......Jersey though the drivers would get mugged on the start line and while the race was on the trucks would be stolen and stripped.

Hoboken isn't the worst part of NJ. Its basically NYC South. It smells terrible but is no worse than NYC for crime.

You're thinking of Camden.

Hoboken isn't the worst but the gap between neighborhood in that whole area is about a hair breadth apart, been to and through many times. Though I've never been to NYC I hear nothing good about it from anyone that has been, except when they leave.

Most anywhere > NYC/Jersey.

i wish the FIA would just quit being douches already and return to indianapolis. not that i care too much about it anyways, as the racing just plain sucks compared to the sports car/GT racing and the indy racing we have today, but if they're running any track in the US then it should be the brickyard.

i would love to see those cars carve up the corkscrew at laguna though, that would be badass!

I've always felt Road America would be a great venue as it's size and speed seem suited well to F1, just it looks as though it's very lacking in facilities but that could be remedied. VIR would be incredible for it imo as it's fast, technical, and has a great rhythm. Again lacking in facilities and such. Laguna would be badass as well.

have you seen where f1 has run over the years?! NJ would be the nothing compared to some of the countries they have run in before and still do. not talking pickpockets talking war.

Hoboken isn't the worst but the gap between neighborhood in that whole area is about a hair breadth apart, been to and through many times. Though I've never been to NYC I hear nothing good about it from anyone that has been, except when they leave.

Most anywhere > NYC/Jersey.

Then allow me to be an outlier; NYC is fucking awesome. You have to do it the right way and avoid the tourist crap because there is so much amazingness in the city that you can't find on a map. I've been to countless jazz clubs and incredible restaurants that you'd mistake for someone's home from the outside, and the best parts of the city are the non-Manhattan boroughs. The Bronx, while rough in the South part, has so much cool stuff; the Bronx Zoo and Yankee stadium (I'm a Sox fan and can appreciate it) just to name a couple, and Van Cortlandt Park > Central Park.