Child friendly spots to watch red white and boom?

Browning

Ive only been downtown for fireworks when i had friends who worked at hte state buildigns and we could watch from there.

We used to have fanTASTIC spot, but now its covered in construction and fenced off :(

I have no clue where we will go this year

Park of Roses isn't terrible. It's gone downhill since the 80's but I still have a good time there every year.

I was just telling the wife I might like to go back there. We lived in UA back in the early 90's / college days and would go there. Dublin is great and fun times but we go there every damn year.

I have never had any issues at the Downtown Dayton Fireworks and we actually sit on the "other side of the tracks" or the bad side of town right by where they light them off.

Is Columbus really that bad Any spot you go to? If so, is the show worth it? Anyone know what they spend on it and how long it is?

Are there any spots to watch without having to deal with wannabe thugs, drunken idiots, etc? Now that I'm a parent I'd like a safer location with less trash to deal with if at all possible.

top of the garage for the franklin co courts and jail. It is public(after paying for parking), it is patrolled by police, its really close to the fireworks and its mostly families. I've never seen anything remotely bad go down in the 5 plus years we were there. Its also one the the worst places to deal with traffic after the show so either plan on being their for a while or park and walk in.

Edited by Sturg

We go to Thomas Worthington High School.

This is one we go to as well. You can back your truck/car up to the area right on the other side of 315 off Olengtangy River rd and Troon Trail. Good spot and easy to get out of when done.

-D

Where the fireworks are located now you can literally sit on the steps at nationwide arena and have a blast. I take my nephews and never have an issue. its much nicer now then before.

My friends are going to Huntington park that have kids, figured they would have a safer time as there is cops, their own bathrooms and cut off from the rest of the people outside. Only down side is you have to buy tickets but it sounds like it might be better.

Are there any spots to watch without having to deal with wannabe thugs, drunken idiots, etc? Now that I'm a parent I'd like a safer location with less trash to deal with if at all possible.

@ home, on your couch, in front of your TV!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

@ home, on your couch, in front of your TV!

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Know how I know you are gay?

Like fireworks on tv are even remotely cool or the same. Fuck I'd skip RWB all together and just go to a local show before I'd ever watch on tv.