Men who Wax their chests, get in here.

thorne

So I've never had a need for a proper pair of dress shoes, I've bought a few (40$)cheap pairs recently and hate them all. I want something I won't hate. Something comfy and won't fall apart.

Any suggestions?

• Downvote 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mezlan

Cole Haan

Antonio Maurizi

Ferragamo

Ralph Lauren

Allen Edmonds

Magnanni

Buy something with a leather sole.

Go to nordstrom.

I have several pairs of Mezlan. Love them.

I also have a few pairs of Cole Haan. no compliants.

EDIT - what size are you?

Also, I have a shoe hookup.

Mezlan

Cole Haan

Antonio Maurizi

Ferragamo

Ralph Lauren

Go to nordstrom.

How much should I expect to spend? Also do I have to wear those gay silky black socks. I've got black socks that are a kinda inbetween

Thanks for tips.

ohhh shit son those Mezlan's cost 800$

Looking for something less then 200 hopefully.

looking like I might have to go higher... Darn :\ thats a night @ the bed and breakfast. This is one of those cases I was really not expecting to see the numbers this high.. damn when I see someone bitch about a 120$ of air jordans or what not I'm just going to Laugh to myself now. Someone stepped on my 500+ shoes i would be angry.

Will Tune for shoes LOL

Thone do you were gym/sweat socks with dress shoes????? :lolguy:

No its a sorta inbetween, I can't stand those socks that are stupid thin. Don't hate lol . Plus I'm wearing more of a tennis shoe / casual atm. Plain black . My dress shoes suck i can't wear them

DSW's Mercanti Forintini served me well for many years. I own Cole Hahn and Mezlans but prefer the cheaper Forintinis

I think they are up to $150 or so. Worth every penny.

Thats what im talking about :)

DSW's Mercanti Forintini served me well for many years. I own Cole Hahn and Mezlans but prefer the cheaper Forintinis

I think they are up to $150 or so. Worth every penny.

Mercanti is a DSW-owned brand where they basically knock off high end shoes like Gucci, Prada, etc.

They are great for the price. Well made with fine italian leather and such. But, are hard to find in wide widths. I have not seen them in wide widths in the stores.

This may sound stupid but what style does one choose? I see lots of things I like but I just am not sure what works and what don't.

For work I typically wear Kacki pants / Typically named branded polo coloored short sleave with the occasional button up. My reason for changing things is I'm now starting to meet more with my bosses peers for projects I'm working on. I never really cared even a little about style until now.

Mezlan

Cole Haan

Antonio Maurizi

Ferragamo

Ralph Lauren

Allen Edmonds

Magnanni

Go to nordstrom.

I also have a few pairs of Cole Haan. no compliants.

EDIT - what size are you?

Also, I have a shoe hookup.

Yes!

Antonio Maurizi is awesome. Dunno if it was a fluke or not, but years ago DSM had some for 80% off. I snatched up 2 pairs. Kept one, and sold the other for quadruple what I paid for them. This was years and years ago, and I still have mine. I had fags checking me out and complimenting me on them down in the short north all the time. You know your shoes look good when queers are complimenting you :lolguy:

Mink oil and polish will kept them lasting a VERY long time.

I have a pair of Mezlans too. Not as nice at the Maurizi's, but very nice none the less.

Very pleased with the few pairs of Florsheim shoes I own.

These are what I typically purchase.

I have had slightly better shoes... but car lots are hell on nice shoes, so I refuse to spend the money nicer brands command

This may sound stupid but what style does one choose? I see lots of things I like but I just am not sure what works and what don't.

For work I typically wear Kacki pants / Typically named branded polo coloored short sleave with the occasional button up. My reason for changing things is I'm now starting to meet more with my bosses peers for projects I'm working on. I never really cared even a little about style until now.

wait, Khakis and a polo? dont buy those dressy DRESSY shoes.

Yeah I'm not moved to straight dress pants, Though I have a few pairs of black slacks I wear. My manager also wears Kacki and even designer jeans but more button ups. I just hate button ups.

Prior to here I've always just been a engineer in a cube fixing shit or building shit or what not. But I realize appearance matters when you want other managers to take you serious, I am younger then my peers.

Should rename this thread Help Thorne Restyle for work....