Men who Wax their chests, get in here.

thorne

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you comparing working out with spending a stupid amount on clothing?

Really?

PM me with whatever debate it is that you feel the need to engage me in.

It's all relative dude. How much did you spend on supplements this month. Some might call that stupid (I wouldn't, I did too). People express themselves in different ways; he is obviously interested in that.

You are being ridiculous.

if you work at a bank... dress like this (shirt, no tie, flat front dressier pants (but not suit bottoms)).

http://www.job-interview-site.com/images/dress/business-casual-man1.jpg

http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/03/ff/03ffbc1b343e28b4c4418d842497bf64/lacoste-macys-tall-shirts-big-and-tall-shirt-long-sleeve-regular-fit-oxford-woven-shirt.jpg

polo shirts make you look like and uncool dad.

That's an over-used, over-played quote from the 90's.

I don't care when it's from or how often it's used. It's right.

I would venture to guess there is a direct correlation between amount spent on work clothing and income growth.

If you could get real #s (which I know is next to impossible) I would love to see that data

I would venture to guess there is a direct correlation between amount spent on work clothing and income growth.

If you could get real #s (which I know is next to impossible) I would love to see that data

what does "dress for the job you want" have to do when he already HAS the job..... CONSIDERING that the people he works for are going to say "oh, he is dressing nicer" and not "oh, he is dressing nicer and we should promote him because of it"

Not.in my case and for.the record I am dressing for the job I want. Thats.why im tryomg to improve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Here is what I typically dress like.

http://m.menswearhouse.com/mens-clothes/mens-shirts/mens-golf-shirts/pronto-sport-black-polo-shirt-617G618G02

But normally darker pants

Meh...kinda typical plain. Mix it up. Colors, textures, etc....

A correlation is just that.... a correlation.

And, I actually got to go the other way with your "point" as I grew with my company. More freedom actually.

It's all relative dude. How much did you spend on supplements this month. Some might call that stupid (I wouldn't, I did too).

Zero.zero dollars.

You have obviously chosen to pick an E-battle with someone you once again have no knowledge about.

No one in the Columbus business world needs to spend the cash people are suggesting in this thread to do business.

A correlation is just that.... a correlation.

And, I actually got to go the other way with your "point" as I grew with my company. More freedom actually.

Bob is right.

Fuck it Thorne. I would suggest shorts and flip flops.

No one in the Columbus business world needs to spend the cash people are suggesting in this thread to do business.

I think your barometer is off. 150.00 for shoes is middle of the road once you grow up.

I think you are right if you say 500-750 for a pair of shoes. but 150.00? thats average for nice shoes.

I think your barometer is off. 150.00 for shoes is middle of the road once you grow up.

I think you are right if you say 500-750 for a pair of shoes. but 150.00? thats average for nice shoes.

If you feel $750 for a pair of shoes is what is "needed" to do an IT job...

then, have a nice day.

Zero.zero dollars.

You have obviously chosen to pick an E-battle with someone you once again have no knowledge about.

He is not doing it to "do business", he's doing it to feel better about himself; as one is entitled to do. It seems you presumed his motivations as I presumed your supplement use. Get over it.

I just want look.better

I also think that you can score good biz-casual shirts at macy's. Brands like Ralph Lauren can be had on sale for very reasonable prices and would be good for Bank employee dress.

This style is acceptable in 2013 for business.

http://www.selectism.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/fillipa-k-plaid-shirt-front.jpg

If you feel $750 for a pair of shoes is what is "needed" to do an IT job...

then, have a nice day.

No, i was saying that I think 500.00-750.00 may be the number you should has said is "un-needed". I agree with that.

I think 100-300 dollars is perfectly acceptable.