Steam Sale!

sol740

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to try to resist this year as I still have games from last summer I haven't even installed.

I'm only buying if I see a deal that's just too good to pass up. I've already got a purchased backlog of: Crysis 3, X-Com Enemy Unknown, Borderlands 2. Not to mention that after beating Bioshock Infinite and wrapping my head around the ending, I need to play it again.

I'm going to limit it to < $5 for any game that interests me, and < $10 or 75% off if it's on my wishlist.

Edit: Derrr I misread about XCOM... I'll leave what I said anyway for others' considering getting it.

Definitely get XCOM when it hits daily or flash sale. It may take a while but I bet it will hit at least 66% deal sometime during it. I got it for $17 back in December (not on steam) and it was the most fun I've had playing a game in a while.

Day 2 bitches

Chivalry Medieval Warfare $6.24 75% off

Call of Duty Black Ops II $29.99 50% off

The Walking Dead $6.24 75% off

Darksiders 2 $9.99 80% off

Surgeon Simulator $3.39 66% off

Just Cause 2 $2.99 80% off

Fez $4.99 50% off

Sniper 2 Ghost Warrior $4.49 85% off

Anno 2070 $14.9 50% off

FTL $2.49 75% off

Newly updated Flash Sales:

Far Cry 3 %23.99 40% off

XCOM Enemy Unknown $9.99 75% off

BIT.TRIP Runner 2 $7.49 50% off

Legend of Grimrock $3.74 75% off

Speaking of, I have a bunch of Bioshock Infinite / Farcry3 /Crysis 3 codes left.

Let me know if you guys want any for cheap!

FYI that code is not for Far Cry 3 it is for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon which is a different game. I did buy the codes off Jones thinking it was not Blood Dragon. I am not mad I still play Blood Dragon, it is still a good deal, but not what I originally wanted.

Put aside a hundred for the sale, hoping to spend less but oh well. Day two, and I'm 5 games and 20 bucks deep. Doing fine. Just grabbed Just Cause 2, Fez, and Grimrock.

Load up just cause 2. Get somewhat close to a propane tank. Shoot it once and it should start smoking then rocket straight up. Use your grappling hook on it while it is flying. Jump off it before it explodes.

OR

Find a large fast helicopter. Find a small boat. Attach grappling hook to the helicopter then the boat. Fly around and smash the boat into people.

The fun in this game is endless.

JC2 is as fun a game as I've played in a long time. Whenever I look blankly at my Steam library thinking "what do I play? I have too many choices" I always end up playing Just Cause.

I'm hoping to resist this sale, play the games I've not played that are already in my library, wait for the Xmas sale and pick up newer releases for cheap.

EDIT: And by the above comment I mean I'm hoping to spend < $50 in the summer sale :dumb:

JC2 is as fun a game as I've played in a long time. Whenever I look blankly at my Steam library thinking "what do I play? I have too many choices" I always end up playing Just Cause.

I'm hoping to resist this sale, play the games I've not played that are already in my library, wait for the Xmas sale and pick up newer releases for cheap.

EDIT: And by the above comment I mean I'm hoping to spend < $50 in the summer sale :dumb:

You need to spend that loot on a GPU, my friend. *evil laugh*