Man down!!!!!!

gixxie750

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like ill be here all day today and possibly leave tomorrow, doubt it though, there is a chance the bone is now dead, and that is a huge deal, this is a very tricky surgury,. anyone is free to visit, im at UC, as long as you dont come in acting all sad and stuff like some of my relatives, made my ankle hurt worse cause i was focusing oin itv

This is TERRIBLE news man! someone keep us up to date on his situation!!

Well I talked to tj a little bit ago and jerm should be in surgery right now. Not exactly sure how long it will take but tj is down there with him and he'll give me a ring when he comes out. i'll keep you guys updated as soon as I hear somethin

matt, explain to hgim what a dead bone is, i cant explain it,

but the surgury went great, better than expected, im still waiting on the doc to de-brief me, but im looking at my feet, and my left one is pointing in the correct direction! keep praying that the bone will live though, wont find out for some time

Sorry to hear about your wreck, hopefully you heal well and fast.

FWIW, 20 years ago I had an accident very much like yours, but in mine the tankslapper became a high-side and launched me into a dirt berm at 50mph. Separated shoulder, crushed knee, concussion, you name it.

Took me 19 years to get back on a bike, and it forever changed how and why I ride, but don't let it ruin your outlook on bikes....just let it change a little. Sometimes life tells us, in no uncertain terms, that we're not indestructible and it's time for us to slow down.

I'm not BS'ing when I say this, I'm having more fun and enjoying going slow and hitting the back roads on my Strom than I ever did ripping up the turns on sportbikes. Once you realize how much is really at stake, it's kind of nice to use a bike for a whole dirfferent thing and experience cycling from a relaxation standpoint rather than exhilaration.