Arthritis Car Show - New Judging Class?

zeitgeist57

I received an email from one of the organizers for the Arthritis Car Show (where I've judged for the last 3 years) that they are looking to start another Judging class for next year. It would include 9 cars from this year plus some more "younger" registrants that fit the category: CRX's, Mitsubishi Evo, Scions, VW GTI's, etc...

What would you name this group? I thought "Tuned Imports"...

FYI, The Ohio G Club/ZROC/Nissan Club has their own judging class for their members that are all Z's and G35/37s. This would be an '80s and newer mixed Japanese/German group...

NAME SUGGESTIONS:

- Tuned Imports

- '80s-Current Euros and Tuners

- Euro/Japanese Tuner Cars

- Sport Compact or Tuned Compact

:)Please be nice and constructive with your comments.

Edited by zeitgeist57

I like the idea too. The Eyes On Design show has been doing this same thing for a while. I would probably stick to naming it some variant of Tuner or Modern Classics. However, if you say Model Classic, they shouldn't be covered in wings and body kits.

Clay, what are the current show classes named?

FWIW, I hate using the term "imports" as well. Why limit it to imports? What if someone has a Dodge Stealth or SRT4?

I don't see a problem with the "Tuner" name, even though I find it annoying. It seems like that's been the accepted term for late-model hot rodder's. (i.e. The progression from hot rods, muscle cars, tuner cars) What about Sport Compacts, Modern Classics, Future classics, or VDub-steppin Sushi?