They broke open the damn lock box

LJ

Years ago I stopped leaving important or expensive stuff in my vehicle. Only thing in my car now is empty water bottle or two and my insurance card. Plus essential road side stuff like car jack and stuff. If they steal that they are more pathetic then usual.

The stuff in my work bag was nothing and honestly I would have given them that old POS gps if they wanted it. Literally the only thing different was that i forgot to either lock the truck or take the gun inside (or both). They should have taken the CB, that is probably the most expensive thing that was in there. Goes to show that it was probably a kid as they most likely though "a cb? what is that 30 years old?"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps I need to revise my criteria a little bit. How about, any person who is on drugs and fucks with the life of another person. If you can be on drugs and affect only yourself, fine, go for it, ruin your life. But if you are on drugs of any kind and start affecting me, or costing me money because of it; you need to go.

Based on the above you and I likely share very similar views on the subject. Though I would postulate the prohibition of illicit substances helps fuel criminal behavior, and that many addicts could function in normal society, with a safe, available, and market regulated product.

Of course stupid fucks will be stupid fucks, and there's nothing we can do to prevent that.

On Topic ...

Working downtown for many years has taught me to never leave anything (including change) worth stealing in the car, and to leave my doors unlocked.

• Downvote 1

UGH. Fairifield county sheriff detective called me. They won't get the pawn shop logs till Monday, then probably won't bump them up against reports until sometime Tuesday. I just want the damn thing off the streets.

From PPD's Facebook feed

Last night several vehicles were either broken into, or entered because they were left unlocked. The thief took items such as purses, laptops and GPS units. One suspect was caught on video surveillance and is described as a white male, riding a BMX style bicycle and wearing a large black backpack. If you see this man riding late at night with a backpack, call the police so we can identify or arrest him. There were also vehicles stolen from the Sycamore Creek and Pickerington Run neighborhoods. We don't know if these car thefts are related to the bicycle man or not.

Reminder: Don't leave your valuables in your vehicle at night. Call if you see anything suspicious. We are O.K. with checking something out and finding out it was nothing. We would rather do that, than find out a crime occurred and someone saw something which could have prevented it from happening had they called at the time.

Lock up the house. A gun in the truck and a hunting log book, etc.. and they likely know there are more guns. Good luck tracking it down. Seriously hope they find it if not just for the peace of mind you'd have knowing it's not being used by someone.

Lock up the house. A gun in the truck and a hunting log book, etc.. and they likely know there are more guns. Good luck tracking it down. Seriously hope they find it if not just for the peace of mind you'd have knowing it's not being used by someone.

House is always super locked. Luckily its my bow hunting journal.

An annoying neighbor who gets into everyone's business stopped and said he talked to a cop who told him that I am gonna lose my CHL over this. I'm pretty positive that isn't true because technically it was stored in accordance with Ohio law

An annoying neighbor who gets into everyone's business stopped and said he talked to a cop who told him that I am gonna lose my CHL over this. I'm pretty positive that isn't true because technically it was stored in accordance with Ohio law

If true, that's just dumb.

I Hate nosey neighbors. I REALLLY hate people that don't know what there talking about.

You did the right thing having the lock box, Heck in all the ccw classes they tell you its the best bet to have a lock box so your gun just isant out all willie nillie.

Hopefully it shows up at a pawn shop so maybe the cops can do something with it to try to find the person ? Not sure if they would be atleast you would know its been found and not used in a crime or something.

No, you won't.

Don't lose any sleep over this part of things.

Its annoying that this guy is pissed now, because not only is he a gossiper and has probably told everyone, but he always says that he "owns this block"

I know where I'm from, if someone says they "own the block" and tend to be in everyone's business, then that tends to be the kind of person to steal something like that. I'm not sure where your from, but it may not be too different there either. Then again I could just be misreading what your trying to say.

Its annoying that this guy is pissed now, because not only is he a gossiper and has probably told everyone, but he always says that he "owns this block"

You should probably tell that guy that you did lose it and therefore you sold off all your guns. That way he can't gossip about what you actually do have.

I know where I'm from, if someone says they "own the block" and tend to be in everyone's business, then that tends to be the kind of person to steal something like that. I'm not sure where your from, but it may not be too different there either. Then again I could just be misreading what your trying to say.

Nah not like that. He just thinks that he can control things when it comes to what people are doing

You should probably tell that guy that you did lose it and therefore you sold off all your guns. That way he can't gossip about what you actually do have.

No way. I'm just not going to talk to him. Telling him that will just go to his head and turn him into even more of an asshole.

I think I figured out where he got the idea that I would lose my license. Grounds for revocation refer to ORC 2923.16. That section doesn't have CHL exemptions until the very end.

If it's so important that you carry with you in your truck, wouldn't it be possible to weld in a box to the floor under the seat (or something similar)? Obviously, I'm going for something that cannot be easily opened or removed by an asshole thief or some kind of accident.