41 members have voted

1. 1. WWCRD?

• Keep the R32 - enjoy AWD awesomeness
    • Buy a Mazdaspeed 3 - boosted smiley-faced FWD hatch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Speed3 and even I'm voting to keep the VW. Not to say the Speed3 isn't a great car for the money, but you've got a lot more car right now and would be downgrading to go to the Mazda.

If your VW is paid off already, then save whatever you would be paying per month on the Mazda for a maintenance fund. People tend to get scared as soon as the warranty expires on a car, but honestly the chances of catastrophic failure to the point where you can't afford to fix something are pretty minor as long as you properly maintain the vehicle.

I owe on the R but if I get the trade in value I want, I could put ten grand down on it after its been paid off.

Wait what? If you get the trade in value, You could put ten grand down on it after its been paid off? Im confused.

He's saying he thinks his equity in the car is $10k, aka he owes $5k and it's worth $15k.

EDIT: Not to mention that he gets his county's tax rate (Franklin is 6.75) in credit from his trade-in value. So if he gets $15k for his trade in, regardless of what he owes, he doesn't have to pay $1,012.50 in tax if he trades in on a new car.

1) of course, do whatever makes you happiest without regard to what others think

2) I think you're trading down if you get the MS3

3) If you decide that you want the MS3, drive an FRS before making the deal. Maybe you'll like it--maybe not, but it's the same price as the MS3 and I'd guess it's much more what you'd like in the long run.

Wait what? If you get the trade in value, You could put ten grand down on it after its been paid off? Im confused.

If I get the trade in that I want, I could pay the current loan off and put the rest as a down payment since I would purchase not lease.

1) of course, do whatever makes you happiest without regard to what others think

2) I think you're trading down if you get the MS3

3) If you decide that you want the MS3, drive an FRS before making the deal. Maybe you'll like it--maybe not, but it's the same price as the MS3 and I'd guess it's much more what you'd like in the long run.

Good points Doc, the reason I would want the MS3 is the four doors (other reasons as well). Im going to drive it on Friday and get some good seat time. Looking in the next 6 months, I will need a four door for work and kind of miss the four door.

I know a lot of people are aganist the MS3 right now, but I need to do whats best for my current situation. I know I will miss the sound in the R and I honestly like the DSG but I dont know if that is enough to keep it.

I have gone through a couple cars, by no means am I a heavy hitter but I like to switch it up.

I know I will miss the sound in the R and I honestly like the DSG but I dont know if that is enough to keep it.

• Sound is meh...you won't miss it too much. I don't hear it as I usually play music.
  • AWD you will miss. Especially once you tune/have fun with the MS3. 1st and 2nd are useless at WOT.
  • DSG, you'll miss it once you get into traffic with a 6spd.

Guy said it only had an intake lol.

Of course he did. He wouldn't lie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy0KKUg6_TitozOtLSfGYOcEGICom7PPhQehS44TVv7205gI1xeQ

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=CnDof3QnjVoacM&tbnid=Ab1wteZ_YyX1UM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brfcforum.co.uk%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F109652-john-joe-otoole%2Fpage-59&ei=H88WUrzyKorKsgaItYCgDw&bvm=bv.51156542,d.Yms&psig=AFQjCNF0SEu_xpiUl089TgiC4IQ-TLRf4w&ust=1377312921428663

Of course he did. He wouldn't lie.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy0KKUg6_TitozOtLSfGYOcEGICom7PPhQehS44TVv7205gI1xeQ

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=CnDof3QnjVoacM&tbnid=Ab1wteZ_YyX1UM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brfcforum.co.uk%2Findex.php%3F%2Ftopic%2F109652-john-joe-otoole%2Fpage-59&ei=H88WUrzyKorKsgaItYCgDw&bvm=bv.51156542,d.Yms&psig=AFQjCNF0SEu_xpiUl089TgiC4IQ-TLRf4w&ust=1377312921428663

from my research, when the 2nd first came out it had VVT issues, so depending what year it was that could of been it.

Are you dead set on MS3? I know it has a bigger turbo, but you can get some pretty sick deals on Focus ST these days, dealers want them off the lot.

I would consider them, but with the package I want it is out of the price range I want to be in.

I've looked at WRX's but their purchase rates are much higher, plus Byers didnt have a single on on the lot besides an STi.

I would consider them, but with the package I want it is out of the price range I want to be in.

I've looked at WRX's but their purchase rates are much higher, plus Byers didnt have a single on on the lot besides an STi.

PM me for info, but like I said there's some pretty deep discounts on loaded ST3s due to lack of demand for that particular trim. If you'd take one in Tangerine Scream you'll get a hell of a deal, as dealers can't move those as easily.