4 Wheeler with plow ?'s

Mojoe

I've been looking into 4 wheelers with a blade for plowing snow on the drive way. We have about 250' and a large parking area. I can't seem to justify getting a snow blower when I can use the 4 wheeler for yard work, as well as to move the snow.

I'm very aware of Ohio's weather and snow fall, or lacks there of. What I'm looking for is what people's experience might be with a set up like this. I'll also be looking to buy this set up soon when the right deal comes along.

Thanks

I would assume you're going to need to add a bit of weight to the ass end regardless of it being 4wd or 2wd. I see a guy around here doing his driveway with a 300 fourtrax and he fabbed something up to the rear that is removable to allow him to add tractor weights.

I have a Polaris with a 60" blade, that works fantastic and way better than any snowblower. I can do a 500' drive in on tenth the time. I add 2 -40lb bags of softener salt to my rear rack for weight. You can also use. John deere suit case weight instead of the salt bags. Go for it, but get a good brand.

Good to hear the replies. Sounds like I'm on the right track for what I'm looking for. We have a jeep, but I don't want to get a plow for it. The 4 wheeler could be used for things around the property to haul things. And I'm not upset if I play around a little on it too.

If anyone should see a deal on a set up like this, please keep me in mind and shoot me a PM.

you're going to have to come up on price to get a utility quad that could handle what you are looking for. I have a plow on my Yamaha Big Bear quad and it works great... I can't remember the name of my plow but it has quick disconnects that just hook onto the winch and then 2 pins underneath that allow me to pull off the blade quickly if I want to use my bike for something else... as far as weights, I've never had an issue and I can plow my 500 foot driveway in less than 10 minutes, I typically plow down my street and hit a few neighbors houses as well when I have time just so I can play on my bike some.

I have a 1996 suzuki 250 4wd with a plow that has worked well for me. I have a 350' driveway. If the snow is really deep I have to make the first pass with the plow up. I have always seemed to get through it though. I'm sure a bigger machine would work better but I make due with what I have.

I have an ATV I've been considering selling, it would be for $1500. I don't have a plow though.

Pm'd you for more info.

Find an ATV first, you can get plows anywhere. The newer the plow the better, they have improver greatly over the years, especially the quick connects that you don't have to get under the machine to hook up.

This is basically my approach. I just need it to start and there to be a plow out there that hooks up to it. If it's older and a good 4x4, I'm ok with that.

He has a zero turn. From what I understand you can't get, they don't make blades or just about any other attachments for those.

There will be no plowing with the zero turn.

I have been following the CL postings with the APP.

You really should have started looking earlier this year. Seems the prices have already jumped on what you want with winter coming up.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/4025876824.html -needs bearings lol

These are built like tanks but his price is a bit out there

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/4026227489.html

If you could raise your price, this would be a nice one.

http://zanesville.craigslist.org/grd/4011368492.html