shops to change rear end gears

Shawn89

Honestly would it be worth changing them to a 3.73 from the stock 3.42? For right now i'm sticking with the 4.3. I was thinking 3.73 and a tune.

Depending on tire size and goals I might suggest 4.10s or even 3.90s, because with the 4L60 highway cruising it will be doable. Iirc S10 SSs had about a 26 inch tall tire which might make the 4.10s too much for most people. I am of the opinion that going from 3.42 to 3.73 is not even worth the effort, let alone having to pay for it.

Depending on tire size and goals I might suggest 4.10s or even 3.90s, because with the 4L60 highway cruising it will be doable. Iirc S10 SSs had about a 26 inch tall tire which might make the 4.10s too much for most people. I am of the opinion that going from 3.42 to 3.73 is not even worth the effort, let alone having to pay for it.

I had planned on going to a 17" rim and 50 or 55 profile tire.

I had planned on going to a 17" rim and 50 or 55 profile tire.

Yeah it'll put you in the 26-27 inch tall tire range, 4.10s would be a little much for a lot of people on the street. Making it cruise about 3500rpm or so on the highway. I still don't think going to 3.73s from 3.42s is worth it though imho.

Agreed, typically 1 step in gearing isn't worth the cost and effort.

Also, look for a good reputable 4x4 shop. Those guys eat and sleep gearing.