Seeking sponsors for the Ohio Valley Rally

Doc1647545523

As some of you know, I've entered the Ohio Valley Rally the first weekend in October. Every year, Rally North America chooses a different charity to benefit from the event, instead of having prizes for the winners.

For this Rally, my 83-year-old aunt is going to navigate for me and make sure we break as many rules as possible. She asked what car we were taking. I told her the Bentley, and she protested, "I'd rather we go in a faster car than that." I assured her that it would be adequate for our purposes.

This year, the Epilepsy Foundation of Western Ohio will be the beneficiary. Here is more on the charity: http://ohiovalley700.kintera.org/faf/help/helpAboutOrg.asp?ievent=1075861&lis=1&kntae1075861=CCA7FBBFEA3F404293B2B34209495368

and more specific background of how this charity is connected with the Rally is here: http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/13

We are asking our friends (who are comfortable donating) to make an online donation through our page: https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=1075861&lis=1&kntae1075861=CCA7FBBFEA3F404293B2B34209495368&supId=386523168&team=5553284

Your donation goes directly to the Foundation; none of it goes to the Rally or to our team. We are donating our time and paying all our own expenses (of course, we have a lot of fun in return, too).

We're asking businesses to donate $50, and at that level we'll put your business advertising on our rally car.

Any donation from individuals, even $10, is greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks!

Thanks, Jordan. I appreciate that.

Yeah, this year's charity donation page isn't very straightforward. Whether you select "join the team" or not, it's going to list the credit card holder as the donor. However you choose to donate, I get an email confirming your name and I'll acknowledge your gift. If you need a receipt for tax purposes, I can provide that or you can get it from the site.

If you'd like some advertising for your business, mail me any decal, bumper sticker, or vinyl and I'll put one on the Bentley.

Edited by Doc

Jordan, I just got verification of your donation. Many thanks--it's much appreciated. :)

No problem at all. :thumbup:

If you'd like come advertising for your business, mail me any decal, bumper sticker, or vinyl and I'll put one on the Bentley.

I think I have some white vinyl decals of our logo that are around 2' long. If so I will definitely send a couple your way. Thanks!

Jordan- I will PM you my address tonight. I'm proud to promote your business.

Ramsey- No bars or restaurants sponsoring the car as of now. I haven't received my rally stickers yet, but they usually take up the larger spots on the car. I would say 18" square-max would be a good guide, perhaps 24-36" long if it's a narrow banner.

Mojoe- Many thanks my friend. What was that weak excuse of yours for not driving in this Rally? :gabe:

Jason- Thank you for your donation. :)

Ramsey- No bars or restaurants sponsoring the car as of now. I haven't received my rally stickers yet, but they usually take up the larger spots on the car. I would say 18" square-max would be a good guide, perhaps 24-36" long if it's a narrow banner.

Perfect. I just got a yes from the owner. We will go over the details tonight.

Is there someone you have making vinyls/stickers for you? Or someone you want us to use? We normally go thru atchley.

Is there someone you have making vinyls/stickers for you? Or someone you want us to use? We normally go thru atchley.

No, I don't have any way to make the vinyls. The Rally supplies us a basic package of vinyls with our number and with the national sponsors' vinyls. Having local sponsors is an idea I came up with a couple of rallies ago--just thought that if a business was generous enough to donate at a higher level, they should get recognition for that with a spot on the car if they wanted. Pickups Plus, WheelMedic, SloMo, Twenty One Pilots and Thiel's Wheels all gave me stickers for prior rallies to go along with their donations. Here are pics of how the stickers looked on Rally Dixie in 2012: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104378&highlight=rally

I appreciate you drumming up support, guys. :)

No, I don't have any way to make the vinyls. The Rally supplies us a basic package of vinyls with our number and with the national sponsors' vinyls. Having local sponsors is an idea I came up with a couple of rallies ago--just thought that if a business was generous enough to donate at a higher level, they should get recognition for that with a spot on the car if they wanted. Pickups Plus, WheelMedic, SloMo, Twenty One Pilots and Thiel's Wheels all gave me stickers for prior rallies to go along with their donations. Here are pics of how the stickers looked on Rally Dixie in 2012: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104378&highlight=rally

I appreciate you drumming up support, guys. :)

Will do, Ill get the donation up and the vinyl made.