Ducati Revs Ohio, 30 July

bowhunt

Congrads...YOU WILL LOVE IT....What class you sign up for..

Thanks. I signed up for the novice class. I did not want to get in over my head the first time out. My Duck is also my street bike and even though I push it pretty hard on some rides I don't want to get to the track and wad it up because of a case of my enthusiasm outwaying my skill level.

YOU LUCKY DOG!!!!!!

haha, yea i know, i'm gonna have prolly over 1000 miles there this year alone, although those 4 straight days (30,31,1,2) is gonna be more of me gettin down to business and testing setup on the bike for the races in september, plus the AMA guys will be there for a couple of the days.

went pretty good. almost won some Suzuki $$ with an 8th in C Superstock. Just kissin the 1.10's. Gonna go back up there for the Northeast race and work on suspension. Gonna try to run consistent 10's and see if i can grab a 9 before the nationals

I will be there along with Asian Rob and about 5 other Ducati Club members. Drew, it seems everytime I come up there I am always so busy running around. I will make sure I stop over a the trailer this time. See you guys there!

I signed up late june in Novice thinking I would want to do it once more... Didnt think July 2nd was gonna go as well as it did. Ha. Im just gonna stick with it onne more time then go to Intermediate. Intermediate is already sold out and I figure you can NEVER learn too much. One more day of novice isnt gonna hurt me, thats for sure! Group one of Novice is pretty fast anyway. Its a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my first track day was a total sucess. Learned an awfull lot and rode much faster than I thought I would, for being my first time on the track. I can't wait to do it again. I was in group two and it was much faster than I thought it would be. I got a little frustrated at the end of the day cause I wanted to go faster but couldn't do to the no passing in your own group rule. I'll most likely go intermediate next time. Oh and man are my legs sore :D

Yota and Asain I want to ride with you guys next time for sure.:metal:

• 4 weeks later...
i'd say you def. wanna relax your arms/upperbody and get your weight off to the inside. i kinda overexaggerate it myself, but the farther off you are the less you have to lean

I agree with Drew. You really look like you are hesitant to get off the bike. While there isn't any one set way to hang off and such - Drew and I have completely different styles as an example - there is a few examples of what NOT to do. Although I suspect you are fine, you'll get better wuicker if you try and relax and get off teh bike more.

What will essentially happen is that you'll over ride the tires if you get faster and stay in that position... Bad things happen when you over ride stuff...

Just relax. Maybe even watch a few riders that ride at your pace and see what they are doing. Trust me, better to change your style now and adapt than to get stuck in a rut and THEN try and change. Easier to do so earlier than later...

Hey guys thanks fo the input. I knew I was a little stiff in those pics they were from earlier in the day. I thought I was getting my ass off the bike more than that when I was riding but after looking at the pics I can see I wasn't. I will work on that more the next time. Yota you are probably correct, I will go in the first group next time. I know I will never be a racer or racing for that matter, I just want to get better at what I love to do and wish I could have startd earlier in life doing it. Thanks again guys :)

I would say that is the best decision. Your bike is waaaaay to pretty to go out and wad up. I have seen to many people crash trying to push themselves when they were not ready. Its just not worth it, its all about having fun. I did three novice days till I couldnt stand it anymore and then I was told at an LED I should ride in advanced. Cant wait to get out there with ya again man. Take care!