Any love for the Alfa 4C Yet?

Mr. Jones

Just took a closer look. They did that thing with the top of the side window that I *hate*. The Koenissegg (sp) and the GTR both do it, as does the Aston Martin Zagato. The cars have a rounded roofline, but they give the top of the side window a straight line. As if that doesn't clash enough, they then slope that line backwards which makes the windshield look huge and out of proportion. Not to mention that rearward sloping lines that start so far forward just look silly to me.

So yeah, not my cuppa in the styling department either..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took a closer look. They did that thing with the top of the side window that I *hate*. The Koenissegg (sp) and the GTR both do it, as does the Aston Martin Zagato. The cars have a rounded roofline, but they give the top of the side window a straight line. As if that doesn't clash enough, they then slope that line backwards which makes the windshield look huge and out of proportion. Not to mention that rearward sloping lines that start so far forward just look silly to me.

So yeah, not my cuppa in the styling department either..

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-most-important-aspect-of-alfa-romeos-new-4c-1374580282/@matthardigree

Looks like it's got a slight curve to me.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/2014-alfa-romeo-4c-first-drive-review

After reading this how could you not want one?

Jones, looks like it's a dry clutch DCT, but he seemed to like the shift quality.

The interesting thing to me was that it's 4.5 sec 0-60 time includes 3 shifts! Holy hell, when you're in gear thing is a quick little car. I have a hard time deciding whether to think of this car as a modern F40 (exotic construction, losing comfort features in the name of weight savings, small displacement turbo engine that screams, very analogue...) or a modern, properly executed Fiero (small, cramped, RWD car with a FWD econo car drive train and rear suspension, composite body panels...). It doesn't matter though, either way I still want one.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-reviews/first-drives/2014-alfa-romeo-4c-first-drive-review

After reading this how could you not want one?

Jones, looks like it's a dry clutch DCT, but he seemed to like the shift quality.

The interesting thing to me was that it's 4.5 sec 0-60 time includes 3 shifts! Holy hell, when you're in gear thing is a quick little car. I have a hard time deciding whether to think of this car as a modern F40 (exotic construction, losing comfort features in the name of weight savings, small displacement turbo engine that screams, very analogue...) or a modern, properly executed Fiero (small, cramped, RWD car with a FWD econo car drive train and rear suspension, composite body panels...). It doesn't matter though, either way I still want one.

I was 99% it would be dry clutches (huge weight savings).

Just means you can't grab another 100HP without driveline upgrades which is okay I guess. Should hold basic de-cat/tune.

I'm really surprised at the lack of fanfare for the car. So many people bitch about big heavy cars that are over boosted, fat and lazy. Here we have a lightweight carbon fiber "mini ferrari" that has no power steering, or any other niceties. It's loud, rwd, mid engine, and relatively "cheap" for what you get.

You can't buy a more exciting car for the money..

• 3 weeks later...
I was 99% it would be dry clutches (huge weight savings).

Just means you can't grab another 100HP without driveline upgrades which is okay I guess. Should hold basic de-cat/tune.

I'm really surprised at the lack of fanfare for the car. So many people bitch about big heavy cars that are over boosted, fat and lazy. Here we have a lightweight carbon fiber "mini ferrari" that has no power steering, or any other niceties. It's loud, rwd, mid engine, and relatively "cheap" for what you get.

You can't buy a more exciting car for the money..

I would say it's probably a wonderful car but I can promise you I'm too tall to climb in, unless I remove the seat first. This is why Americans have cars that are over boosted, fat and lazy.

I'm fairly certain if the head of VAG hears their customer fawning over a Fiat product they'll take his VW's away.

For a long time FIAT had a rebate for VW owners. If you owned or leased a VW, you didn't even have to trade it in; you got an extra $1000 off. Best inter-CEO squabble ever.

Spoken like a caveman who hasn't driven something worthy of changing his perception :)

I was waiting for this. I've driven plenty of quick cars with DCT/DSG, or indeed torque converter autos,thank you very much. I full understand that they are technologically superior, I just don't care. Also, to Jones, I don't lust after modern Lambos or Ferraris, so that's a moot point.

I was waiting for this. I've driven plenty of quick cars with DCT/DSG, or indeed torque converter autos,thank you very much. I full understand that they are technologically superior, I just don't care. Also, to Jones, I don't lust after modern Lambos or Ferraris, so that's a moot point.

YOUR OPINION IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

Just kidding, I prefer to row my own no matter how slow or inconvenient it is. It's how I engage in the landscape.