Restaurants with good food that's healthy.

Draco-REX

The GF and I are trying to eat better. I'd like to take her out to eat more often, but most places we go aren't exactly good places to find healthy food. So I was wondering if I could get some recommendations from the CR brain trust. :)

Preferably someplace that's isn't too pretentious, but won't look at us weird if we don't buy the deep-fried specials. Take-out is a bonus too..

Thanks.

When I dieted I would mainly get Chipotle, Subway, Aladdin's Eatery, Northstar isn't bad, sushi if you like that, Old Bag has a couple of good meals that are low in calories, Mezze's on Hamilton rd by stoneridge has lots of good options as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be sure to look some of these up.

As for my diet, I've found a method that works well for me that lets me have something bad now and then. I started with the Weight Watchers Online points system which helped me build eating routines that leave a calorie deficit without making me frustrated. I also started doing a couple 12+ mile bike rides each week with my GF, which has helped too.

I'm down about 30lbs (two belt holes!) so far and hoping to lose another 20. I think the toughest part will be staying at my target weight without gaining or losing. I know how to eat to be 250lbs, but I don't know how to eat to be 200lbs.

From Analyze This:

Q: What type of sandwich ain't too fattening?

A: A half a sandwich.

This. I lost 20 or 30 pounds eating McDonalds 1-2 times a day, although that was also with a lot of pop (2-4 20oz Livewire/Code Reds a day). Took me 2-3x longer to lose the last 10 pounds by switching to a footlong sub from Subway per day.

Just do a few hours of cardio a day and eat whatever the fuck you want :dumb: