Range Rover vs. Ruff Ryders

RC K9

His wife, Dayana, told CNN affiliate WBZ that Mieses got off his bike to help the SUV driver.

"And whatever he did, he got scared, he peeled off, and he paralyzed my husband on the way," she said.

As my dad always warned me growing up "It is better to be alone than in bad company".

He choose to ride with these douchebags. No matter his intentions, the company he kept was his decision, and that decision will leave him paralyzed.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just here to say one more time that not a fuck is given to any of the bikers.

I can only hope a 4x4 group decides to follow them to their next meet. Fuck, perhaps a shit ton of Range Rovers will tour up with them.

I sense this shit isn't over.

As my dad always warned me growing up "It is better to be alone than in bad company".

He choose to ride with these douchebags. No matter his intentions, the company he kept was his decision, and that decision will leave him paralyzed.

Had he been obeying the law, he wouldn't have been present in the first place... so with that I agree with you 100%

I hate how there are so many defending the motorcyclists actions. Put those people in the same situation as the people in the RR and see how they react. I've read in a couple of different places that it could have been talked out had he not taken off, but if I were him and surrounded by bikes with a few people walking towards me, I wouldn't think they were looking to talk either.

Yep,...straight losers...

Just an update on the individual that was run over. Lives in Massachusetts . Edwin Mieses, 32, never got a drivers License in MA but was frequently nabbed behind the wheel and sentenced to jail time for driving without a license. Has a pending case out of the Lawrence District Court for driving suspended, subsequent offense.

Mieses has a 6 page criminal record dating back to age 12. Other jail time for drugs, guns, resisting arrest, knowingly receiving stolen property, attaching plates etc.

I am not saying he deserves to be paralyzed BUT I have had clients that get into far less trouble after such a life changing event.

His wife and family are suddenly very silent secondary to the release of the above information. They couldn't get enough air time/media coverage prior to this.

Saw a quick interview with one of these jackasses (wearing a Nazi type helmet festooned with chrome spikes)....pointed out how they showed mercy on the SUV driver as they could have beaten him half to death INSIDE the vehicle in front of his wife and child. They were gracious enough to drag him outside to do so.

This is the caliber of humans you are dealing with.

:lolguy:

One report said it's as many as 5-6 undercover cops were there. At least one didn't report it to his superiors until Wednesday.

One report said it's as many as 5-6 undercover cops were there. At least one didn't report it to his superiors until Wednesday.

they wouldn't have had to blow thier cover all it took was one man to stop the beating.

http://jalopnik.com/this-one-man-stopped-the-biker-beating-of-range-rover-d-1442010788

Here's the article from the link that Captain Panic posted:

NEW YORK (AP) — An undercover police detective was arrested as fallout from a burst of motorcyclist mayhem reached a new level, with investigators saying the officer was shown on video hitting and kicking an SUV before bikers attacked its driver.

Wojciech Braszczok, who was off-duty when he joined a motorcycle rally that spiraled into violence, was expected to be arraigned Wednesday. He surrendered Tuesday to face riot and criminal mischief charges, New York Police Department spokesman John McCarthy said.

There was no immediate response to phone messages left with Braszczok's attorney, Phil Karasyk. He had previously said the 10-year NYPD veteran only witnessed other bikers attacking the vehicle.

But investigators discovered video evidence showing Braszczok punching an already damaged back window, then twice kicking the side of the SUV before leaving the scene, according to two people familiar with the case. The people weren't authorized to discuss the inquiry and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

The arrest added to the complexities of the Sept. 29 episode, which authorities say began with a reckless motorcycle group ride on a Manhattan highway. Ultimately, one motorcyclist was run over, and the SUV driver was dragged from behind the wheel and beaten on a street.

Before Braszczok's arrest, four other bikers were criminally charged. The latest was arraigned Tuesday on gang assault and other charges.

But late Tuesday, a fifth person, Clint Caldwell, was arrested on gang assault and other charges. A phone number for the 32-year-old wasn't listed at the address provide by police and it wasn't clear if he had an attorney.

"As we said from the beginning of the investigation, the NYPD and the district attorney's office are methodically scrutinizing the evidence to build the strongest possible cases in our continuing effort to hold accountable those responsible," said Erin Duggan, a spokeswoman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr.

NYPD internal affairs investigators began looking into the undercover detective's conduct because he didn't report having been at the rally until three days later. The expectation that police officers will act if they see crimes isn't the same for undercover officers.

The encounter, captured partly on a helmet-mounted-camera video that was posted online, began when about two dozen riders surrounded the Range Rover after it bumped a biker on the West Side Highway. Some riders dismounted and approached the SUV, and police said some bikers began damaging it.

SUV driver Alexian Lien took off, running over motorcyclist Edwin "Jay" Mieses Jr., of Lawrence, Mass. The impact broke Mieses' legs and caused spinal injuries that may leave him paralyzed.

Lien's wife has said he fled to protect her and their 2-year-old daughter. Lien hasn't been charged with any crime.

The bikers pursued the SUV. After it ducked off the highway and got mired in street traffic, motorcyclists shattered the driver's-side window, pulled Lien out and beat and kicked him, police and prosecutors said. Lien needed stitches.

The motorcyclist arraigned Tuesday, Craig Wright, punched Lien through the broken window and joined in stomping him on the street, Assistant District Attorney Samantha Turino said. A judge set Wright's bail at $100,000.

Wright's lawyer, Mitchell Elman, said they would fight the charges.

"There should be no rush to judgment," Elman said.

According to the undercover detective's account, he saw motorcyclists attacking the SUV but didn't see anyone harm Lien, Karasyk said Monday. The detective also didn't see the SUV hit Mieses, the attorney said.

Carrying no badge or gun, and aware that officers have sometimes been suspended or fired for blowing their covers, "he had no other option, so he drove away," said Karasyk, who works with the detectives' union.

He had no other option, so he drove away - after, of course, he punched and kicked the SUV.

• 2 weeks later...