I've gone over to the dark side

Richard Cranium

Was that Chad's?

KillJoy

Yeah, Chad and his dad used to run the car. You know them?

Looking good Rick.

When are you taking it to the track?

Everything has sat for a couple years. We are currently working our way through the issues with the trailer. I want to make sure it's ready to go before I pick up the car. We did fire up the car and it ran well despite 2 year old race gas. It fired pretty easily considering how long it sat.

Yeah, Chad and his dad used to run the car. You know them?

Not really. Chad's Business is a Client of mine. I have seen pics of that car in his Office. Can't be that many M&R Collision Drag Cars running around town!

:D

Be safe and have fun with that thing!!!

KillJoy

That's (was) Chads car. A cheaper and easier way to help with the bounce is to add a wishbone suspension to the front of the dragster. Look up Diamond race cars and look at the newer front wishbone setups. If you want to see it in person we'll be at trails next weekend with the white/pink blown dragster (disco's old car).

Edit: didn't see post above mine saying it was chads haha

That's (was) Chads car. A cheaper and easier way to help with the bounce is to add a wishbone suspension to the front of the dragster. Look up Diamond race cars and look at the newer front wishbone setups. If you want to see it in person we'll be at trails next weekend with the white/pink blown dragster (disco's old car).

Edit: didn't see post above mine saying it was chads haha

I'm not planning any changes to the car as of now. I need to learn what I'm doing first. Since the wing is already there I'll stick with it for the time being. I appreciate the information though. Everything is new to me with this project.

The weekend is looking kinda busy, but maybe I could sneak out to Trails for a bit. When will you guys be out there?

I might be out there this weekend but definitly next weekend. If you are out ill be around the blown dragster/orange 69 camaro or dads dragster (completely blacked out)/and blue maverick. Come say hey and learn you some race car :) Might have this white car around them if my heads come in.

Hell yea! I wouldn't worry about changing it unless you are looking to go a good clip quicker. I used to race a 225" sc rail that was also a hardtail. High 7's @175mph without issue. The only problems we had was at some tracks with a concrete/asphalt bump at the merge. It usually would shift at that same spot and spin up a little. All in all great purchase and you are going to loooove running it!

• 2 weeks later...

Last night was a long evening. My truck is still having problems with wiring for the trailer lights, so I borrowed a friends truck and we finally went over and picked up the car. She fired easily, warmed up nicely and drove up into the trailer like she was ready to go to her new home. We brought her out to the school where she's sitting in the Auto tech lab for now.

There is a laundry list of little things that need done, we're going to take our time and work through each one. I'm now planning on making the first pass with the car next spring as soon as the tracks open. That will give us time to swap the tranny and converter for the good set, get the chassis recerted and bring everything else that needs it up to date.

We're starting small and today just trying to figure out if the battery is any good. If we get the truck wiring sorted out then the car may make an appearance at Cars and Coffee.

Absolutely LOVE the purchase and the fact that you took this to school. The younger generations seem to have fewer and fewer wrench turners/gear heads so maybe seeing and touching this will motivate someone. Awesome opportunity for all involved. I can't imagine the rush that you are in for in the spring!

Absolutely LOVE the purchase and the fact that you took this to school. The younger generations seem to have fewer and fewer wrench turners/gear heads so maybe seeing and touching this will motivate someone. Awesome opportunity for all involved. I can't imagine the rush that you are in for in the spring!

Yeah, taking it out to the school was expected. I am a little nervous about it being in the shop, but I plan on allowing the instructor to use it as a training and recruiting tool. We'll probably do the transmission swap out there since the current transmission and converter need a refresh and I got a ready to go transmission and converter as part of the deal. I spoke with the auto collision teacher Friday about removing most of the graphics, and we'll probably do that as well. I'm not sure what we will replace the graphics with, I was debating on letting the art students come up with ideas.

Yeah, taking it out to the school was expected. I am a little nervous about it being in the shop, but I plan on allowing the instructor to use it as a training and recruiting tool. We'll probably do the transmission swap out there since the current transmission and converter need a refresh and I got a ready to go transmission and converter as part of the deal. I spoke with the auto collision teacher Friday about removing most of the graphics, and we'll probably do that as well. I'm not sure what we will replace the graphics with, I was debating on letting the art students come up with ideas.

That is really going above and beyond for the students in your school. It may be beneficial for both parties involved, but giving those students something to talk about after school is really cool. :thumbup: