Americans = Dumber than shit

CRed05

A new global report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development finds that Americans rank well below the worldwide average in just about every measure of skill. In math, reading, and technology-driven problem-solving, the United States performed worse than nearly every other country in the group of developed nations.

http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/10/americans-are-dumber-than-average-at-math-vocabulary-and-technology/280413/

:dumb:

Maybe that will help America's score for next time around. I think most of the countries who scored above average have some kind of free/universal healthcare system.

When they find a medical cure for stupidity it might. But as long as the cure for stupidity is hard work and education (and by education I don't just mean college) I think we are screwed.

Maybe that will help America's score for next time around. I think most of the countries who scored above average have some kind of free/universal healthcare system.

See below, there is not cure for stupid....

When they find a medical cure for stupidity it might. But as long as the cure for stupidity is hard work and education (and by education I don't just mean college) I think we are screwed.

Out .gov loves to throw money at all the wrong problems in all the wrong ways.

Besides, the problem really starts at home with the family and goes up from there. But why fix the issue the right way?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Health_systems_comparison_OECD_2008.png/433px-Health_systems_comparison_OECD_2008.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/Health_systems_comparison_OECD_2008.png/433px-Health_systems_comparison_OECD_2008.png

Shhhh don't let the GOP see this they might have a heart attack.. ohh wait I'm assuming they have the mental capacity to understand the above chart.

I think its funny that americans are so brainwashed on healthcare they don't even acknowledge the fact that america's system failure.

Education spending is already insanely high, and we have a terrible return on investment; just like we do in healthcare, just like we do in correctional/prison systems, just like we do in military spending (we have a great military, but we spend WAY too much money to keep it that way).

The intervention of the government in protecting special interests is the reason. And now the US Supreme Court wants to remove donation caps for for political contributions. We're fucked.

I think its funny that americans are so brainwashed on healthcare they don't even acknowledge the fact that america's system failure.

You're an idiot. I need a 'Thorne Filter' to decipher your posts.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=1258

21% of our tax money already goes towards public healthcare...and it is only projected to increase. AWESOME.

-Marc

Shhhh don't let the GOP see this they might have a heart attack.. ohh wait I'm assuming they have the mental capacity to understand the above chart.

:dumb:

That graph is missing a little info and is skewed just a bit, but if it makes you feel better...