FS: 1990 CRX Si Road Race Car - Hilliard

31rx7

Not sure there's interest here, but thought I might try.

After having my CRX for two years and not doing a damn thing with it, it's time to let it go. Autocross is keeping Kathy and me busy, and we are both busy with aging parents and launching my new business. All this makes it improbable I will be able to spend time on this car any time soon.

1990 CRX Si

This car would be an easy conversion as is to E/Prepared autocross, or with an engine swap, G/Prepared. The car is a very clean and solid CRX from the south. Highlights include:

- Clean, straight tub. Virtually the entire car was powder coated when built.

- Very, very nice cage

- Race dash, lexan side and rear windows

- Aeroquip all over

- Fire system, fuel cell, etc

- Zdyne engine management.

- DC sports clone header.

- Quaife LSD. Supposed to have a different final drive but I have not checked.

- Koni SPSS shocks, GC sleeves, Energy Suspension bushings.

- Numerous spares.

- Spare F-Prepared race prepped engine. Supposed to be a $10k engine when built, but the engine blew up and the block has hole in it!

CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. This is not a beat up or ugly car at all, and was a fairly fresh build when I bought it. It has been raced a handful of times. The only dent is in the RF fender where a ladder in my garage fell into it.

To get it on track, it needs gone through, and new belts and window net. The usual stuff a car needs when its been sitting. To make it a national LP FP car, a strong engine, suspension work, and re-do some things I just don't like. Right now it has an IT suspension, and a stock engine with a cam. My plan was to make it a national car as most all of the really hard fab stuff was done. Alas, those plans need to be set aside for now.

Car is located in central Ohio, and am willing to help with transport. Not sure of price yet, but I will throw out $5,000 as a number to start with. Might consider selling it as a roller without the engine and transmission.

Open to street & race trades up or down, and the following specific items of interest (in no particular order):

- 1999 Miata Sport

- Race ready EF / EG Civic or EF CRX

- Interesting street cars. Got a thing for wagons and vintage Japanese cars, but open to most anything interesting.

- Low mileage, rust free 1st gen or 2nd gen RX7's

- Open race car trailer

- Sport touring motorcycles (ST1100, ST1300, Concours, etc.)

- Vintage (pre-1980) Honda CB series motorcycles

- Maybe a Valkyrie or other interesting bikes.

- High end acoustic guitars.

Basically, for trades I am open to something ready to use now.

An older crappy photo. Better photos to come soon:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/31rx7/1989%20CRX%20SCCA%20F-Prod/CRX.jpg

PM or email.

Rich