My New Cruze Eco

Benner

Decided it was time to put the Focus out to pasture and get a reliable vehicle.

I haven't had a car payment in 8 years so figured it was time for something decent.

Picked up a 2014 Chevy Cruze ECO 6speed in Hot Red today. Not the fastest, or prettiest vehicle but they're reliable and I should be able to get low to mid 40's mpg to and from work with it.

Wife has a 2013 Cruze LT Auto so already knew what I wanted.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/Formula98/6c8ba487-4a49-4507-8661-111bc5da18d8_zps89dcb648.jpg

And the Wifes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj32/Formula98/b189ce01-b7f3-49c8-b8e7-cca6a2907ba8_zps70766171.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about leasing one to commute with for the next few years. I wouldn't need to put many miles on it, and have no real intentions of keeping it.

Let me know how you like it.

Wife absolutely loves hers. She drives it like she stole it and still gets 28mpg

There's no such thing as a reliable car, some just break less than others. That's why you buy the car that makes you happiest and turn wrenches with a smile when she slips up. Or, buy a soulless $22,000 econobox and pretend those $20 savings at the pump makes life worth living :)

(just busting your balls)

100K Warranty IIRC.

NO WORRIES

No worries indeed then. Was just thinking though, water pump failing isn't good. Not reliable if you're sitting by the road spewing steam/fluid everywhere.

Agree with Not Brian though. All vehicles fail. Get what you like and enjoy it. :)

I'm rocking a Cruze as a rental this week.

Plus: It has heated seats, and I'm in the north east.

Negatives: IT'S A PILE OF SHIT, and has ZERO balls.

Barely bonus: It's not the Mazda minivan that Avis initially tried to give me.

Looking around for shits and giggles. Guys are getting 50+hp just from a tune.

Yeah. Return to your original post, where you state that you get this car for its potential economy. Wonder what that tune will do? Congrats on the (what does Paul call them?) life points?

Understand. Yeah I've read the water pump can be an issue. But like stated that's warranty so not too worried about it.

Plus I scored free oil changes for the life of the car, incase I'm feeling to lazy to do it myself

You don't want the Cruze Diesel..I promise.

Other than the torque you get from the diesel, I second that. Looked at them and your only getting 4mpg better than the ECO model for 4k to 6k more. So unless you just want the torque theirs no reason

Other than the torque you get from the diesel, I second that. Looked at them and your only getting 4mpg better than the ECO model for 4k to 6k more. So unless you just want the torque theirs no reason

In reality, the diesel gains will far exceed what the EPA numbers suggest.

It's just such a lazy car with that automatic trans, soft, and laggy and just generally bleh.

For reference, the Passat is rated 43mpg highway, I can't get it that low to work, even running in and out and traffic and running 85-90. I average 48-54 depending on the day, traffic etc.