Thoughts on EBC brake pads?

PRD2BDF

I am very happy with my porter field r4s pads.

As far as ebc, they are decent pads, definitely better than stock.

If pedal is mushy, bleed the brakes and replace with a higher quality fluid along with a good set of pads will do wonders.

Hawk Hps are good too.

I'm running EBC Yellowstuff up front for both DD/HPDE work. All of the more aggressive EBC's take some serious work to bed-in properly, before they are ready for track use. Performance is sufficient for HPDE (on street tires, with stock suspension...), with no instances of absolute loss of performance, although the binders felt a bit wishy-washy on track, never scary, or incompetent, but not race pad-like feel by any means, but equally competent to OEM for street work where a race pad wouldnt be. Operating range is huge, and usually after one light tap on the brakes, are ready to go. They are a bit more rotor intensive than an OEM pad, but nowhere near the level of a true endurance/race pad. Noise is comparable to stock BMW pads, with intermittent squealing during low speed, low brake torque application, but otherwise, smooth and silent. Cheap too.

+1 for a brake fluid flush, def worth doing if its starting to feel soft.

Never used EBC, but I'm sure they compare to most street performance pads. I have some Hawk HPS on the Camaro, they work fine.

Be mindful when turning rotors, the thinner they are the easier they can warp. I am not a fan of turning my rotors, I tend to warp them by beating the shit out of my stuff. I advise most customers the same, if they have a habit of wearing pads out quickly chances are they warp their rotors easier then most.

Have EBC Greens on my current daily. They're ok, nothing to write home about, but get the job done. I used EBC Yellows as track pads for the M3 a long time ago and while they handled the heat well they had zero feel and were like bricks with on/off switches. Would not recommend for high performance application.

+1 on the fluid flush/bleed

I've used EBC reds ceramic, good in the summer, in the winter I would drag the brakes a bit to warm them up in the beginning of my drive. If I didn't they felt like they were "wet". I just bought some Cosworth Street Pads to tryout. They will be here Tuesday.

I switched from Hawk HPS to EBC Red Stuff earlier this year before a trip to the Tail of the Dragon. In my opinion, the Red Stuff offer significantly more bite than the HPS. I have never tried the Green Stuff pads.

Mainly because HPS/HP+ absolutely blow in any all manners of performance.

Ive ran both EBC Greens and EBC Reds on the same car with Brembo blanks for both sets. The GreenStuff you can tell is definitely more of a street pad, where as the red pads take a little more to get them to bite at break in, etc. But id recommend both again, green for DD, and redstuff for a spirited car / weekend warrior.

Again these were used with Brembo Brakes on a 89 Supra Turbo w/ NO ABS and 17" 245 Nitto 555 Fronts / 17" 275 Nitto 555r rear tire