WTBorrow - Open end torque wrench

ImUrOBGYN

It's hit or miss. I've had two electric corded impact drivers from hf, and they have lasted over ten years with zero issues. Then I've had air line connectors that have ALL leaked, wrenches that flat out broke, and scissors that wouldn't cut. I have had good luck with their jacks and jack stands. But I buy with caution from them when I need something precise.

I agree 100%, but if you shop carefully you can get worthwhile items from there. I just hate the people that toss out the generic "all HF tools are shit" response since they do carry some pretty decent items for the price.

As stated by someone earlier in the thread, I'll take a HF tool over a now Chinese made Craftsman any day. I've had more Craftsman fail recently than anything from HF. I have a HF sawzall and battery drill that still works like a champ even after more than 10 years.

Big comparo on torque wrenches a short time back including brands such as SnapOn and Pitt Pro from HF. They found the Pitt Pro's were just as accurate. The thing you have to be most careful with is not leaving the wrench/spring tightened up when you put it away. (You shouldn't do that anyway) Even then, it still took the Pitt Pro wrench a stupid amount of time before it affected its accuracy measurably.

BTW, a short while back, I picked up a new 1/2in and a 3/8in tq wrench for $20 total plus tax. (Love some HF coupons) Checked them against my old one and each other. Though not 'scientific', they seemed pretty dead on.

Woulda never thought to purchase those from HF.

I have all three (1/2", 3/8" and 1/4"), think I have maybe $26 total in the set. Surprisingly the 1/4" was the most expensive at $10! The other two were ~$8 each after coupon on sale. That was when you could get a really good deal since they would let you stack a coupon on top of sale prices. :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention I took all of them in to work and put them on our torque calibrator/tester. They all were within spec and the 1/2" was more accurate than our shops "pro tools".

it seems like off-roading/diesel magazines usually have the best coupons for the torque wrenches, and a lot of coupons that the e-mail newsletter doesn't have.

Between all the car magz, the mailers, and the emailers, plus the ones my gf brings from her work; I have endless amounts of coupons. Problem is, I go there for one thing but between all the cheap ass shit and coupons, I spend just as much money if I had gone elsewhere. haha Well, not really, but you get my point. There's so much cheap shit that's fine being cheap to buy.

it seems like off-roading/diesel magazines usually have the best coupons for the torque wrenches, and a lot of coupons that the e-mail newsletter doesn't have.

Torque wrenches are 9.99 with a coupon. I have a diesel power at home with the coupon code. I can post it here if its not already online somewhere.

look at these extreme couponers. i bought 36 torque wrenches, 110 boxes of gloves, 56 3/8" open end wrenches, and only paid $15.

No everyone makes the kind of money you do. Sometime you have to be frugal.

look at these extreme couponers. i bought 36 torque wrenches, 110 boxes of gloves, 56 3/8" open end wrenches, and only paid $15.

Haters gonna hate.....

No everyone makes the kind of money you do. Sometime you have to be frugal.

Nah, some of us are REALLY REALLY fucking cheap! :p