PSA: Get some Auto insurance quotes!

Draco-REX

So I'd been with my last insurance company for about 5 years. Quite a few cars here and there, a couple tickets, and while I wasn't paying a stupid amount, my premium has crept upwards a bit. Then I got the Audi and it went through the roof. I bit my tongue and accepted it as it wasn't exactly a cheap car, so I guess it was correct..

Today, for S&Gs, I thought I'd poke at another company and see what they could come up with. 1/3 the premium. Over 66% less! Holy shit. I even called and spent a good half hour making sure every last detail and covereage was accounted for. I'm now paying $100/mo LESS than I was BEFORE I bought the Audi.

I repeat.. Holy shit!

girlfriend's response: So, dinner's on you?

So yeah, if you haven't shopped for auto insurance, it might be a good idea; your rates might have been creeping upwards. It's all done online now, with little hassle.

Most companies do this to get you in the door. Then over time it creeps back up to what you were paying If not more.

Even so, it's painless to switch companies these days with everything online. But I don't think a new-customer incentive covers the sheer difference here. The guy at the new company was speechless at what my current one was charging me.

Even so, it's painless to switch companies these days with everything online. But I don't think a new-customer incentive covers the sheer difference here. The guy at the new company was speechless at what my current one was charging me.

Just saying from experience with my family and myself. . And I have nothing on my record. Im with state farm now.

Family members did this with progressive, state farm, nationwide.

I went through the same thing about 2 months ago. Cut my annual cost in HALF!!!! WTF? How long had I been over paying? I did stick with the same provider. I have never had a claim. Maybe a ticket over the last 4 years.

I actually meant to make a post about it, suggesting people look into their policy if they have not changed anything in a long time.

When I turned 25 I called my insurance company (Progressive) and asked if I could get a better rate since I had crossed the magical insurance threshold. They said no. I then called Geico. They saved me 50% on renters, moto, and car, and were still 50% cheaper when I bought the Focus.

So I'd been with my last insurance company for about 5 years. Quite a few cars here and there, a couple tickets, and while I wasn't paying a stupid amount, my premium has crept upwards a bit. Then I got the Audi and it went through the roof. I bit my tongue and accepted it as it wasn't exactly a cheap car, so I guess it was correct..

Today, for S&Gs, I thought I'd poke at another company and see what they could come up with. 1/3 the premium. Over 66% less! Holy shit. I even called and spent a good half hour making sure every last detail and covereage was accounted for. I'm now paying $100/mo LESS than I was BEFORE I bought the Audi.

I repeat.. Holy shit!

girlfriend's response: So, dinner's on you?

So yeah, if you haven't shopped for auto insurance, it might be a good idea; your rates might have been creeping upwards. It's all done online now, with little hassle.

$100/month less? Your record must be awful. We pay $86/month for 2 cars, 2 drivers, rental property, personal property, and a $1 million liability umbrella through State Farm

$100/month less? Your record must be awful. We pay $86/month for 2 cars, 2 drivers, rental property, personal property, and a $1 million liability umbrella through State Farm

I wouldn't say it has to be his record. Mine dropped about $100 a month, with a good record. I still pay what comes out to $100 a month. I'm with a company I know will pay if I have an issue. I have certain coverage on the RX7 for cost to replace as is, not just the value of a 1994 FD. I have the Subie and the house with them too. I could have had it down to $54 a month, but that wouldn't have covered me how I wanted.

Without knowing decuctable and all coverage info, it's a little hard to jump to conclusions.

I don't know if I believe that LJ, sorry man.

I am also through State Farm, no wrecks, no tickets, no claims ever (23 years old)

I have:

3 rentals

1 personal home

3 cars

1M Liability on each rental

2M personal umbrella

Total: $415 a month for everything. My cars are $142 for all 3 (full coverage on all), $30 for umbrella, $60 per rental and $63 for my personal home

38yo, 2 tickets, no DUIs, at-fault accidents, or claims.

I do have a history of insuring some of the most expensive to insure cars (WRX, STI, BRZ). I was originally at around 1400/yr with all my cars. With the two tickets, I hit 1900/yr. It wasn't so bad until the year after I bought the BRZ. After all the FWD kiddies sent their limited production FRS/BRZ backwards into various telephone poles, my premiums jumped to about 2900. When I bought the Audi SafeCo cranked it up to about $6000/yr. (I think my premiums went up a bit after Liberty Mutual bought them too..)

Now Geico just set me up for a little over $2000/yr.

The funny thing is that I originally moved to SafeCo from Liberty Mutual 5 years ago because they were half the cost. Go fig.

I am also through State Farm, no wrecks, no tickets, no claims ever (23 years old)

I have:

3 rentals

1 personal home

3 cars

2M personal umbrella

Total: $415 a month for everything. My cars are $142 for all 3 (full coverage on all), $30 for umbrella, $60 per rental and $63 for my personal home

I'm 28 years old and my wife is 29 and I graduated with a 3.0 giving me the good student discount for life

I have:

3 rentals

1 personal home

3 cars

2M personal umbrella

You have to be missing some discounts, or its your age. My parents have more properties and more vehicles and pay about the same per month

I'm 28 years old and my wife is 29 and I graduated with a 3.0 giving me the good student discount for life

Where do you live? Bumblefuck nowhere generally has better insurance rates than more populated areas.

When I had my '98 Explorer, insurance in Blacklick was $150 every 6 months. If I wanted to transfer registration and residence to Boston, Liberty Mutual wanted $3000 every 6 months :dumb:

Where do you live? Bumblefuck nowhere generally has better insurance rates than more populated areas.

When I had my '98 Explorer, insurance in Blacklick was $150 every 6 months. If I wanted to transfer registration and residence to Boston, Liberty Mutual wanted $3000 ever 6 months.

City of Pickerington

You have to be missing some discounts, or its your age. My parents have more properties and more vehicles and pay about the same per month

I graduated with a bachelors and a 3.9...wtf haha.

What branch are you with? I go through Gary Snowden off Georgesville road. Btw, I'm in Canal.

For those of you with toys, I switched my RX-7 to an agreed value policy and It's now fully covered for $268 per year with a 5000mile allowance.

Curious, did you need an appraisal of some sort? Been kicking around getting collector or antique insurance for my RX-7.

43147 probably has a hell of a lot less crime and claims than 43215 or similar.

Living in Franklin Co makes your rates higher, I live 1 mile in Delaware Co and when we moved in the new house from little turtle our rates dropped a bunch. Population in Franklin>Delaware. LJ is in Fairfield Co. and Draco is in Franklin.

Living in Franklin Co makes your rates higher, I live 1 mile in Delaware Co and when we moved in the new house from little turtle our rates dropped a bunch. Population in Franklin>Delaware. LJ is in Fairfield Co. and Draco is in Franklin.

Good clarification.