Paul Walker Dead at 40

Mark1647545493

You said something similar to "not having any sympathy for anyone who dies from their own stupidity," that to me sounds like you are blaming him for his own death.

And that partially proves my point. It doesn't matter how someone dies, whether it was at "freeway speeds" or not, saying shit about them in any circumstance like this is unacceptable. It's sad an "adult" like you is unable to make a sound judgement in a conversation like this.

Jones is right. Besides, everyone reading this thread knows how bad he is making himself look, no reason to drag yourself down with him. Hell, he looks worse than Rustlestiltskin, who is one of the most useless people on this site.

• Downvote 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear about this wreck. Hearing about this last night I thought about the things that we do in our cars and how quickly something could go wrong. Yesterday I did a few 160+mph highway runs and you don't always think in the moment about how if something were to go wrong at that speed chances of survival would be very slim. RIP for a person who brought us joy watching his movies and seemed to be a good person.

Jones is right. Besides, everyone reading this thread knows how bad he is making himself look, no reason to drag yourself down with him. Hell, he looks worse than Rustlestiltskin, who is one of the most useless people on this site.

Please do us all a favor and aim for a concrete barrier next time.

The driver was Roger Rodas:

According to a story in Wealth Management, the two met when Walker, at a track event, noticed that Rodas was driving a Porsche GT3 that Walker used to own. They ended up racing together at events like the 25 Hours of Thunderhill, but his schedule limited Walker's racing mostly to time attack-type events at Buttonwillow or other California tracks.

Rodas, though, moved up through the ranks from Porsche-only series like the Pirelli Driver's Cup, where he won twice in 2012, into the Pirelli World Challenge, leading a two-car Ford Mustang Boss 302S team, sponsored by Always Evolving and charities that he and Walker supported. Rodas raced car number 52; his co-driver, in car 75, was Erik Davis, owner of Autotopia, a massive, near-legendary car collection in Los Angeles that supplies cars for movie and TV productions.

And also I'm reading the car was a former car that Graham Rahal owned. Chassis number 0479.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/02/yqasuvu3.jpg

RIP. He did a good job in his movies, I enjoyed all of them and it's a shame he won't be making any more.

Driver was a professional, with what sounds like plenty of experience. I would have gotten in the car with him too.

Something just sounds a miss about this whole story. I mean the driver was a winning race car driver and I just don't see somebody like that loosing control on a straight road on a nice day. Just seems a little off to me. I wonder if something will come out about this in a few months after some investigation.

Something just sounds a miss about this whole story. I mean the driver was a winning race car driver and I just don't see somebody like that loosing control on a straight road on a nice day. Just seems a little off to me. I wonder if something will come out about this in a few months after some investigation.

CGT is known to be a handful. Didn't Leno spin out multiple times in his years back at high speed?

Got a text about this from a friend the night it all hit TMZ hoping that by morning we would all know it wasn't so. Unfortunately looks like he's gone for good. Not sure what it says about me but the first movie I ever remember him in was the origional F&F, and I can still remember that night vividly.

Everyone left the theatres with smile on their faces, spent a bunch of time in the parking lot talking trash and dreaming. So many of us got our first taste of tuning, of customizing, of hanging out in parts stores from these movies. As a whole the entire auto industry (production and aftermarket) owe much to Paul and these movies. They made it ok to be a petrol head again which anyone on this forum should appreciate. He will be missed.

• Upvote 1

The car industry owes a lot to Paul and everyone involved in FF movies. There was a lot of people brought together because of these movies. How many of you would be here if it wasn't for the debut of FF?

The FF movies brought about a lot of ricers at first, but did bring a lot of new faces into the car scene. I know I would still be here without the movies, but they did play a part in gathering interest for the car world. As much as I made fun of the movies, I still watched them. Still haven't seen 6 yet, but will shortly. Always sucks to see a fellow enthusiast go, no matter the circumstances.

Sometimes the most experienced people get over confident, he was still a human being, it wasn't a race track, shit happens. :(

I've seen a few times on different sites that a yellow Honda (possibly an S2000) was mentioned as being involved somehow. One of the earliest reports said the Porsche was "racing a yellow Honda", then yesterday I saw someone post that locals reported they were cut off by a yellow S2000.

Who knows, it's a damn shame no matter how it happened. Both were true car guys living an awesome life and using their wealth and resources to help others.

I haven't said anything yet on here or anywhere else.

I will say this, I wish it was just another stupid hoax.

I also heard he was a good dude in real life and gave back. That earns points in my book considering all the celebs who are bad people. Paul Walker is one of these celebs who you think "If we were in highschool or college we would have been friends".

To all the people who say "you didn't know him, why are you sad".

I say this:

1. He was a member and lover of the car community.

2. Regardless of your views on FF movies they touched all of us in some way.

3. Respect your own kind (humanity) by knowing that someone out there who did know him personally is grieving. This is not a time to mock, slander, or make fun of the situation. It is a time to say something nice or abstain from speaking. Your parents should have taught you that.....Anything else is classless.

It wasn't on a straight away, it was a road that was a well known area where drivers do test-drifting. The same place I read that also said that the vehicle slammed into a telephone pole (/tree) on the passenger side door, and split the vehicle in half busting the fuel lines and spraying fuel all over the car. Carbon fiber was nice for weight reduction but crap for protection lol.

I haven't said anything yet on here or anywhere else.

I will say this, I wish it was just another stupid hoax.

I also heard he was a good dude in real life and gave back. That earns points in my book considering all the celebs who are bad people.

Totally agree. I watched the video and read about his charity and he has been to almost every recent major disaster. He had a team that went out and did whatever they could to help.

I have a lot of respect for him and what he did with that charity. Like everyone else, he made an impact on me with F&F as well b/c they started coming out when I began to drive.

Cordell, thank you. Shit comments like that remind me why I don't hang out on here much anymore. BTW, I still owe you a folding seat (which I now have).

Paul was a car guy--period. I hate to see any of us pass. However, I can't help but almost be happy for him as he died doing what he loved. Jones and I had this discussion a while back that we would both rather die doing something we loved rather than lying in a hospital bed waiting to take our last breath from cancer or something.

Like said previously, some of us were around when the first movie came out. While they did bastardize our existing lifestyle in some respect, they also brought some of us into the hobby. I can name a few of us on here who ran around back in the day with 15+ second cars, and we have now all moved onto something respectable.

10x stronger than steel...

Not exactly...

The strength by weight is 18% greater than aluminum and 14% greater than steel. Carbon fiber will fail suddenly, and sometimes unpredictably, when it's strength limit is exceeded whereas aluminum or steel will bend first.