C7 Z06

ForeverMaker

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-I don't like the plastic fender flares on the front, they should be all metal fender, not lame plastic extentions, at a minimum, carbon fiber to flow with the lower body kit.

They've got to give aftermarket something to sell...:p

I really like what they did with this car.

But a sub 7 second ring time isn't gonna happen.

It was a joke for the GTR fan boys who only measure a car by its Ring time... ;)

I find this a little disappointing, only because I expected a power bump compared to the ZR1 due to all the engine updates. It should be an amazing car though.

It sounds like the "625" was a low estimate they knew they would hit. I read some stories this morning that indicate it will make much more..,

It sounds like the "625" was a low estimate they knew they would hit. I read some stories this morning that indicate it will make much more..,

Yea, they keep saying "at least" before the HP and torque numbers. I'm sure they're waiting on final certification numbers, or figuring how much more power they may need to beat certain track records before final release.

So, what are everyone's thoughts on a C7 ZR1?

I think they have a lot covered. From the base, to the Z51 package, to the base Z06 on up to the Z07... however...

there will be a market for a Grand Sport version with the widebody kit including a couple of items from the Z06. Whether they release it or not time will tell.

You have to figure that a ZR1 version is at least been designed/conceptualized and is waiting in the wings. It may never see the light of day. Remember, the C8 should be here sooner than then C6 --> C7 timeframe so that could squeeze out some low sales models.

Some interesting tidbits are slowly coming in from Q&A sessions with GM...

Car has different engine modes, will be able to operate as a natural aspirated V8.

Car will be slightly heavier than the base model.

Customers will get cars late December early January.