RWD in the snow

Stretch

Car got away from me last night. Tried my best to save it but couldn't. Was going about 35mph when it let go. This was with 250lbs of weight in the trunk too. Be careful everybody

http://i.imgur.com/38frghM.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/1uIojSd.jpg?1

• Downvote 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks because that's gonna be a pricy repair.

Just costing me my deductible thankfully.

FUCKING SNOW TIRES guys. Saw a guy facing the wrong way in I70W downtown last night. Black 350/370Z.

Glad you're ok.

Was actually going to order some with my next paycheck :fuuuu:

Had no problems doing 65 in a $1000 truck.

Glad you are (hopefully) alright though.

I'm ok. Burned my hand a little from the airbag firing but I'm good.

Small world, my friend Jimmy mentioned this to me earlier. Apparently he's also a friend of yours too (Jim Mitchell).

That sucks man, sorry to see.

I used to work with Jim! Great guy

Was this on Rt 33 near 42 exit by any chance.

Nope. Happened out in the country about a mile from my house.

I have all-seasons on my Camaro (Hankook Optimo H418 to be exact), in the snow they are decent enough around town I suppose. I'm not sure how it was around the rest of Columbus, but the roads in Hilliard were awful last night. I would have expected some snow plows out on the roads but didn't see a single one.

I may be misstating that , they are pirelli p-zero's. Maybe a winter tire but def not the snow tread I've seen on tires.

Regardless, op get yourself some tires

Those are all Seasons. Have them on my MS3. FWD and 6spd in the winter and they do good. I have dedicated snow tires too though.

Sucks, glad you're ok.

No Traction Control? Got TRAC. on my ('92) SC300, works marvelously in the Snow/Rain. I turn it off and the car becomes a death trap...

It has that AdvanceTrac system that was going nuts when the car started sliding. I think it was just too icey for even that.

sucks Brian.. I can have snows same day if you need em. call me at work 729-6027

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Just need to wait and see what the insurance wants to do with it.