Brake issue

Buck531

Ever since I put on these Fbody calipers the outter pad has never seated correctly. They worked fine on the previous car.

I had them on and then this started to happen..

Then I took them off, replaced the slides as the old ones were pretty loose. Still won't make the contact with the outside of the rotor. It's happening on both sides.

Is there some quick stupid fix for this? I've done brakes a million times and never ran into something like this on the front. They were brand new pads too.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk314/buck531/CAM00716_zps414834be.jpg

Yeah I'm also not sold on the warped calipers. Something else is jacked up with them.

For the price I can get them from Dave at Oriellys, I'm just going to take them off and get remaned ones.

Nothing else left to really try.

Calipers warping? hell nah. (I won't get into my opinion on 'warping' rotors, meh) I see the Buick center caps. What car is this? What car did the calipers and rotors come off of specifically? What about the brackets? Did they come off the other car or are they at least the same exact specs? I'm going to hazard a guess that the bracket being used is positioning the caliper at least slightly farther outboard than it should be. Still...you would think with the way the calipers float that wouldn't matter unless it was far off. Plus...if it was too far off...with how tight new pads fit you would think you would not have gotten the caliper on. I would have expected the inner pads wouldn't have cleared. You sure the pads are new-new? That is the only thing I can think of. I can't imagine the stock parts are too expensive...why don't you return to stock? Were you actually hoping for some kind of improvement? This is a buick, right? That couch you sit on to drive isn't going to get more cumfy with bigger brakes installed. :) Sorry...couldn't help that. Not knocking your ride dude. I'm rocking the '05 Montana mini-van as a DD right now so...I don't have a place to talk.

The entire setup came off another Regal that worked. Pads were worn and shot so I replaced them with yes.. new pads. Had the rotors turned.

Why would I return to stock? My old calipers had a rip in the boots. The rotors were gone too. I got these for pretty cheap compared to what others are selling the setup for. Like I said, the entire set up came off a working Regal. Just had a ton of miles on them.

What I was looking for is whether these parts were a part# by part# exact replacement. Same vehicle. If so...then this is a mystery. I don't buy the warping theory at all. Did you have any trouble with the installation? Anything you had to 'influence' into position?

Nope. everything went into place as it should. The Caliper moves freely on the slides. Maybe I can replace the pins? shrug. Clean out the holes for the pins (it's pretty nasty in there) and re-lube it up?

As for the part numbers. Oriellys lists the F Body pads as the same part number. I think I got 02 Camaro pads. Calipers Are all the same part number too. Maybe I'll look at the calipers tomorrow and see if there's a part number on them.

As for the warping. One guy who had the same model calipers had the same issue on his Regal. Replaced the calipers and the issue went away.

throws hands in air .

Nope. everything went into place as it should. The Caliper moves freely on the slides. Maybe I can replace the pins? shrug. Clean out the holes for the pins (it's pretty nasty in there) and re-lube it up?

As for the part numbers. Oriellys lists the F Body pads as the same part number. I think I got 02 Camaro pads. Calipers Are all the same part number too. Maybe I'll look at the calipers tomorrow and see if there's a part number on them.

As for the warping. One guy who had the same model calipers had the same issue on his Regal. Replaced the calipers and the issue went away.

throws hands in air .