I think the maxima is done

The_buster

My emergency break was stuck, so we put it on the rack at work and fixed it. while up there I looked under the engine to check the power steering belt, it squeaks when its cold. Well the bolts that hold the front engine mount to the frame, well used to be frame, are not holding anything. The frame is so rusted there is a 2 inch gap where the motor sags, and you can bounce th motor by gently pulling on the mount. Is it fixable or would it be too expensive? Kbb is about 6-900.

I'd say if it's a $900 car and you want to keep beating on it, weld a piece of steel in there, drill it appropriately and bolt em up.

Doesn't sound like you have much to lose, as long as safety isn't compromised. I know a semi-dependable dd for <1k can be hard to find.

I'd say if it's a $900 car and you want to keep beating on it, weld a piece of steel in there, drill it appropriately and bolt em up.

Doesn't sound like you have much to lose, as long as safety isn't compromised. I know a semi-dependable dd for <1k can be hard to find.

I'm with this guy.

+1

Unless you have money + what you would get for the maxima to get a new car, stick with the devil you know. I don't see the point of trading a $900 car for another $900 car.

Sorry man but that car is junk. The reality is you're better off scrapping it and finding something else. Believe it or not you can find perfectly dependable cars needing very little work for 1k or less. Just gotta know what to look for. It seems like every month you're posting a new thread about the Maxima needing more and more work. That car is done for, time to cut your losses IMO.

Thanks guys. A guy at honda has a white version of my car he was talking about junking. I may buy it from him for parts if he still has it. Im really bummed it was a fun car and I was going to toy around with it. Im going to try to weld a piece in first, cant hurt it, and then go from there.

Would love it, I had an 83 Bonneville fo my graduation present. But right now im going to limp the max till spring and see if im able to fix it.

Any suggestions on what metal would be best? Could I go junkyard hunting and find a piece?

Thanks guys. A guy at honda has a white version of my car he was talking about junking. I may buy it from him for parts if he still has it. Im really bummed it was a fun car and I was going to toy around with it. Im going to try to weld a piece in first, cant hurt it, and then go from there.

If your really dead set on saving your car, this is probably the best idea if you can get the car cheap. Make absolutely sure it has everything you need in good shape. You may be able to use the core support from this car for yours if its not shot (idk if they are removable), but if it is shot your car should probably join his at the bone yard.

Why are you looking at core supports? Didnt you say it rusted through where the motor mounts attach? Either weld in a patch panel and drill/tap it, or get rid of the car. Thats not safe at all to be driving a car like that, not to mention not good on the drivetrain with the motor bouncing everytime you take off. You think you would know these things since you work at auto parts stores.

A core support isnt going to help you if your mount is rusted through at the frame...