Columbus Cars & Coffee.net - Videos

zeitgeist57

In an effort to better capture CC&C on a weekly basis (even during the winter months) I'm going to start doing videos of cars and owners on Saturday mornings. This is something that's been kicked around by myself and a few others for awhile. We picked up a new iMac over Christmas and a friend is donating his SLR and his experience with editing videos for a few weekends to get me up and running. I'll do most of the vids/pics myself, and I'm going to learn on iMovies how to edit everything together. I realize I'm not that tech-savvy, but we'll see how this comes along.

Starting this weekend - regardless of weather - I'd love to have at least 2-3 people stop by with a decent car (i.e. not my tee-ruk:)). I want to videotape us talking about your ride (similar to Jay Leno's Garage) and then I'll do some close-up videos and still shots of the car. My goal is to get enough material to make a 1-2 minute finished vid of a CC&C owner and their car, to put up on FaceBook and our website. Ideally, if I can get a few owners on a weekend, I'll string them together to make a longer video; it all depends on the attendees.

For the last 5 years, CC&C has been all about the people, not just the rides. While pictures are great, I want to capture the owners' passion for their cars...especially the vast majority of our attendees that make their ride their own (I'm thinking of you guys, Doc, Tom, Farkas' Bros!!! :)). So much of the customization tweaks - good and bad! - aren't captured in a still. I'm going to change that with these vids...

Please let me know if you're planning on stopping by. For the first few weekends, I'll also need someone that can take video (hold the camera) for the conversation part. I don't want this to be a "selfie". I figure this would take 10-15 minutes. It would be pretty raw, not trying to do multiple takes here. But, we'll see where this goes... This isn't going to be a high-production event; just low-key but enough to capture what a Saturday morning is like at CC&C.

Just an FYI and a call for support. Thanks! :thumbup:

Sounds like a great idea. I am willing to participate on a Saturday when the weather is good.

Mike, I would've loved to get your LS400 back when you had it!

I guess your Supra will do...;)

Somebody should do one for the VW/Audi people. That group seems to show up pretty regularly. Maybe that one guy that has the bagged wagon that trailers around the bug.

Everyone's going to get a shot. You know I'm not shy...i'll be askin' muhhfuggas if they want to be interviewed.